Kooks Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running the Kooks True Duel Green catted exhaust with their headers? I'm curious to know how much louder it is and if there's any drone. i did see the youtube video from Kooks and it look/sounds exactly like what i'm looking for. Just wondering if there were any other real world experiences.

thanks

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am. Very aggressive, low tone growl at wot, bit quiet as a church mouse at cruise. I had the Borla touring and even though it was quiet at cruise, it was very raspy at wot. I like the true dual sound the best. Only draw back is the dual straights out the back. Don't care too much for that so I grafted in the side exits off my Borla.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am. Very aggressive, low tone growl at wot, bit quiet as a church mouse at cruise. I had the Borla touring and even though it was quiet at cruise, it was very raspy at wot. I like the true dual sound the best. Only draw back is the dual straights out the back. Don't care too much for that so I grafted in the side exits off my Borla.

good deal. how is it on cold start and idle? i leave for work pretty early in the morning and don't want to **** off the neighbors too much.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah. Won't have to worry about that. I park in the garage and it echos pretty good, but outside I wouldn't worry about waking the neighbors.

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riddick - you have some photos of your grafting job? I'm going to install the same Kooks header/true dual exhaust set-up, but prefer the stock side-exit location, as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you call kooks they have a side exit true dual setup. It's just not on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you call kooks they have a side exit true dual setup. It's just not on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know. I got mine through JDM and they didn't even mention that. One of these days I'm going this route. Kinda thought the way the pipes are tucked up, it wouldn't be hanging on stuff

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 126

806ROUSH

Reaction score
Riddick, That looks awesome the way you did the tail pipes. You wouldn't happen to have your stock Y pipe laying around would you?

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riddick,
I think you and I have similar sound we're going for but after listening to the Borla video from their site with the Touring setup, I thought it was terrific, especially on the drive by, not raspy, just sounded like a proper V8. Is that not a good representation of how it sounded in reality? Seemed that it was the closest I would get to the sound I wanted without doing a full, dual setup with headers and all. Thanks

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riddick,
I think you and I have similar sound we're going for but after listening to the Borla video from their site with the Touring setup, I thought it was terrific, especially on the drive by, not raspy, just sounded like a proper V8. Is that not a good representation of how it sounded in reality? Seemed that it was the closest I would get to the sound I wanted without doing a full, dual setup with headers and all. Thanks

With stock manifolds it sounds pretty good. You definitely can’t go wrong with Borla. Keep that resonator on and you’ll have quiet at highway speed. I guess the rasp I was referring to was when I installed the headers.