KOOKS Exhaust broken welds and quality issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s.reef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wanted me to ship them my X pipe at my expense to them and then pay for the repairs. I said no, I wasn't going to wait weeks of downtime plus the expense of shipping for something they should warranty. I asked if they could send me a new X pipe I would even pay the difference they said no, I asked if they could send me a new flange, they said go to summit and buy one...never buying Kooks again

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong here but is it not using the factory hangers except for the one on the drivers side? And the hanger part that attaches to the exhaust, is the factory kooks hooks? It looks like it all clamps together using their clamps?

So how is the exhaust installed incorrectly? Yeah I haven't considered anything kooks yet but I would never consider them based off this ********. The least they should of done is reimburse you for getting it fixed and doesn't even count the time you wasted.

all the hangers are kooks supplied and came welded to the exhaust.
Anyways i replied to them with a link to this thread since they don't appear to be vendors on this forum, just in case they had something to say.

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I've been contemplating Kooks LTs for quite some time now. You guys just helped me rule these out. Now what? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I decided to get rid of the kooks that has been well established, however I had a qtp cutout kit laying around from another build I thought why not [emoji16]
So my kooks exhaust and headers is 1 3/4 and uncatted.
To fit the cutouts I had to delete the resonator and install them there however since deleting my resonator I noticed my truck backfires a lot more than usual which brings me to my point of should I be worried seems fun to shoot flames every now and then but will this cause serious damage to the truck? I noticed the exhaust tips changed in colour from the heat but that's about it really.

https://vimeo.com/141886224

https://vimeo.com/141887095

Forgot to mention in all the videos above the cut out is closed (inactive)

Last edited:

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Roush set up deletes the muffler in exchange for a cat. It backfires too when you rev and drop throttle. Never under acceleration. I like the sound of it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats pretty sweet lol, i haven't tried to get my raptor to shoot flames, but i do have the roush exhaust and now i have something to try.

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rev under power @ ~45mph, just when it downshifts but before the clutch is fully engaged and drop throttle to 0. As it slows back down you'll hear it popping.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rev under power @ ~45mph, just when it downshifts but before the clutch is fully engaged and drop throttle to 0. As it slows back down you'll hear it popping.

Basically go in manual and downshift at high revs (within reason obviously), that should do it right?