GEN 2 Knuckle hitting LCA after Eibach spring install (and alignment)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend and I recently installed Eibach front springs on each of our trucks, both 2019s. He just came over to have me take a look at some rubbing he noticed on his truck, and after looking on mine, I see it too. Is this normal? I'm not sure what would cause it (I mean, I understand that the knuckle is contacting the LCA, but I don't know why). Anyone else have this "problem"?

In the picture, you can see a bit of shiny metal (just to the right of the lower shock bolt) where it's been rubbing...

IMG_8081.jpg

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can tell it only happens at full lock, I'm just not sure why it only started happening after I installed the new springs and got an alignment done...same thing on my friend's truck. Just seemed strange!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The other guys are correct. It's the hard steering stop; the knuckle and lower control arm contact each other at that point under full lock. The wear you see if from the suspension moving while on the stop. If that is a condition you often find yourself in, you can add some grease to the contact area to reduce the wear on the components.

2PT7Bam

Reaction score
is there fix to prevent this? like does another suspension part need to be replaced? and if theres nothing else we can do, is it gonna cause bigger issues down to road like worn out bushing, LCAs or knuckles

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is there fix to prevent this? like does another suspension part need to be replaced? and if theres nothing else we can do, is it gonna cause bigger issues down to road like worn out bushing, LCAs or knuckles
There is nothing to replace or fix it is 100% normal. It is the steering stop, every vehicle has them.

When you turn the steering to full lock this is the stop. The stop is not in the steering gear.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a feature, not a quirk. ;)