Know of rack system that fits over a LineX/Retrax Bed Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny Martin

Reaction score
To keep it low you can go with the skyline set up from Yakima. It holds less weight than the HD but works with the RetraxPRO xr. I was told by the Yakima rep that it is fine with the their tent too.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple extra things to add here: In my experience with the rhino rack, and pretty much any non hd bar, with this setup there is a lot of flex in the bars. They are long, and even with about a hundred pounds, you could see the gear bouncing along back there. I’ve gotta imagine that if I were sleeping back there regularly, they’d eventually take a permanent sag.

In addition, the low setup made the retrax a little bit of a pain to use. At both the front and rear bar I had to close the handle slightly to allow it to pass under.

If I were strictly thinking of a tent setup I’d seriously consider the Yakima Outpost HD. If you’re dead set against that mid height though, at least get a heavy duty bar setup.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have the FrontRunner rack system in stock? I have the Retrax XR and want the rack system they make for it, but FrontRunner has been out of stock for at least a month. I'm ready to pull the trigger on it ASAP. Thanks!

We do not. The ones we had were gone extremely quickly. More are coming, but if you want one suggest getting with us and getting your order in line. The backorder list is continuing to get longer. Seems like there has been an tremendous up tick in demand for over the last few months for tents, racks and accessories. We are just now getting a re-supply of Roam tents!

Eubster

Reaction score
Yakima's are really nice racks. The one holdup I'd have there is that their tonneau adaptor reduces the offroad load rating to 180 lbs. There are a couple of posters on the site who have used them with a RTT mounted and mentioned that it felt rock solid though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Lance Gifford

Reaction score
The Retrax XR cover has integrated slots for mounting things like cross bars over the cover itself. Not all Retrax covers have the integrated T-slot channels, so you might need to upgrade the rails depending upon what you have.

We outfitted this Raptor with the Retrax XR cover, the FrontRunner rack, a Roam tent and a whole host of other accessories. Let us know if we can assist!

PH: 888-466-8991

Web: OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

JW8lvTg.jpg

GKRlXof.jpg

y2jKGa6.jpg

I want this setup!! Can you please provide me some information on what all you did and some part numbers? Or, just shoot me a quote in PM.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife and I just put our overhaul HD on a few days ago in order to carry our kayaks. At the lowest height, the cross bars sit just below the level of the third brake light. Right now, we have them raised so the boats clear the roof, until our Thule hullavators show up.

The rack setup is expensive, but it’s well made and definitely worth the money. Previously, we were running just a rhino rack setup with a cargo basket, which we are still able to do in addition. You can see we left the foot pads in place for the rhino crossbars.

View attachment 146952

How do you like the sidebars? Any particular reasoning for the spacing and foot pad placement? I'm contemplating putting a set across the middle so that I can strap a couple totes in the event of bad weather and a full bed under the Retrax.