Kleinn Train Horns: Gen 2 Direct Fit Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance, since I will likely be crucified here......

What is the fascination with sounding like a train in a pickup truck?

I can certainly understand how kids enjoy this but really?
I won't even bother with this one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my perspective, it's a legit question, with legit answers:
1. Trailering, and you see a bad situation developing. The louder your horns, the earlier you can effectively get another drivers attention and maybe, just maybe, the situation doesn't deteriorate further. You have more time to brake, they have more time to get the *&^% out of your way.
2. Distracted drivers, who somehow feel you're not honking at them. Louder = more change to make them peel their eyes off the phone/nav/lunch or whatever.
3. Mega-watt bass thumpin' stereos. You need to be able to pierce thru all that noise inside the car. If you can hear it that loudly in YOUR vehicle, imagine what they're hearing inside theirs.

These are just off the cuff at the moment, sure others will come up with more.

Raptor Vet

Reaction score
Ok reason #4....I had a $29.95 Sears air horn put on my 1979 F150....if I saw a dog or pet or critter too close to or on the road, I could blow that thing and they would haul butt back to the house...possibly saving a life....regular horn they just lookup ... and maybe the owners would hear inside and realize what just went down

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I apologize in advance, since I will likely be crucified here......

What is the fascination with sounding like a train in a pickup truck?

I can certainly understand how kids enjoy this but really?

Not crucified... How I see it;

As far as I know (which might be incomplete) a horn signal can be as loud as it needs to be as long as it’s proportional to the danger to be averted.

That aside, I love a good scare prank every now and then?

Bottom line, use it wisely.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install of the button .defintly not as cool as slick machines button though .

B3B4E555-96D8-42B4-810F-64BD917D62D5.jpeg

A90F96EC-B966-489D-AECF-03A83CC140BA.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not crucified... How I see it;

As far as I know (which might be incomplete) a horn signal can be as loud as it needs to be as long as it’s proportional to the danger to be averted.

That aside, I love a good scare prank every now and then?

Bottom line, use it wisely.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.
I bought this kit because I'm confronted daily with idiot drivers in the Denver area. It's really unbelievable. I can't just scare people for fun... That's a good way to get shot #karma'sabitch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk