Kleinn Train Horns: Gen 2 Direct Fit Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
With the Demon horns and Blast Master valves= 159db

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’m not buying that. I’m thinking 140, maybe 145. I’ve never seen an air horn setup read more than high 140’s on a db meter. not what the box or vendor says, actual performance.

for reference, a 308 win. is about 135 to 139 db at the muzzle. It’s enough to ring your ears for several minutes with only a single shot. A 5.56 / .223 is about 129 - 135 db, give or take. I checked the notes at my last suppressor test. at the muzzle, 129, just forward of the muzzle 134 and change, .5 db higher with a muzzle redirector ( commonly called a flaming pig, for short barreled rifles ). about 4-5 db quieter from the 129 rating, even forward of the muzzle for a short barrel 5.56/.223 and closer to 8db from a 16” or more barrel length.

https://boomspeaker.com/noise-level-chart-db-level-chart/

160 would be so loud that just setting it off would cause the operator and passengers discomfort at best, and possibly even need hearing protection.

and for reference the direct drive horn kit I just installed was 117db. I’m sure this kit is orders of magnitude louder, but I would be truly surprised at anything over 140db.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not buying that. I’m thinking 140, maybe 145. I’ve never seen an air horn setup read more than high 140’s on a db meter. not what the box or vendor says, actual performance.

for reference, a 308 win. is about 135 to 139 db at the muzzle. It’s enough to ring your ears for several minutes with only a single shot. A 5.56 / .223 is about 129 - 135 db, give or take. I checked the notes at my last suppressor test. at the muzzle, 129, just forward of the muzzle 134 and change, .5 db higher with a muzzle redirector ( commonly called a flaming pig, for short barreled rifles ). about 4-5 db quieter from the 129 rating, even forward of the muzzle for a short barrel 5.56/.223 and closer to 8db from a 16” or more barrel length.

https://boomspeaker.com/noise-level-chart-db-level-chart/

160 would be so loud that just setting it off would cause the operator and passengers discomfort at best, and possibly even need hearing protection.

and for reference the direct drive horn kit I just installed was 117db. I’m sure this kit is orders of magnitude louder, but I would be truly surprised at anything over 140db.
Yeah I don't know bud, I don't have a DB meter and I'm going by the manufacturer of the horns. Sounds like you knew the answer already to the question you asked.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I genuinely do not know the kleinn kit output, just some reference points.

it still sounds great. Any idea what the kit is going to go for when it’s officially released?

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I genuinely do not know the kleinn kit output, just some reference points.

it still sounds great. Any idea what the kit is going to go for when it’s officially released?
With the Demon horns, plan on $1300+. Blast Master adds more. Don't quote me though because that's what we paid as pre-testers.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished the install today. I'd estimate about 14 hours total, the blast Master adds more time because you have to custom plumb air lines to each of 3 solenoids. It broke down to about 7 hours installing the hardware and another 7 wiring and running air lines.

Here's a quick vid of the end result, more to come. The sound is absurd loud as you'd imagine- the kids love it.