Kleinn Train Horns: Gen 2 Direct Fit Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
can't wait for mine to get here after seeing some initial posts. I made it into part of the second test group shipment. pretty excited about the onboard air capabilities as well.

Do you guys plan on wiring the compressor up to an aux switch in the cab or do you plan to wire into the key switch as the instructions show?

I’d wire it to a keyed source so they’re always ready to go. And save yourself an AUX switch.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d wire it to a keyed source so they’re always ready to go. And save yourself an AUX switch.
Na. I want the ability to turn them totally off. Upfitter is a keyed accessory source anyway.
Also- what if something from the trail grabs a line or punctures the tank, or a solenoid sticks, or the pressure sensor goes bad, or....- it seems really short sighted not to have a way to shut down the compressor separate of turning the vehicle off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long have they been testing them? I considered signing up last year, so it seems like it has been quite a while.

Have there been issues with previous testers or just not enough trials to finally release them to the general public?

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long have they been testing them? I considered signing up last year, so it seems like it has been quite a while.

Have there been issues with previous testers or just not enough trials to finally release them to the general public?
I don't know much about what was happening prior to September '18, but I can say for sure that they had a big hang up because they couldn't find a SCREW in the Tucson area. It took weeks to find one to test fit the kit. There were several other completion dates for the pre-tester kit that were set and missed over early winter to last week. As far as I know, we are the first round of pre-testers.

dk159

Reaction score
I'm wiring everything to Aux3 upfitter. Turning that switch on will essentially arm/power the system, I'll explain how in the video I make up. Here is my button.... It's kick ass. I had it wired and ready to go months ago.c961eff2329e17df9641493fcc2d1932.jpg

That is a sick button

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My coworker just got his pre-test kit in, so we'll be installing it soon and doing all the pictures/videos for the rebate.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Na. I want the ability to turn them totally off. Upfitter is a keyed accessory source anyway.
Also- what if something from the trail grabs a line or punctures the tank, or a solenoid sticks, or the pressure sensor goes bad, or....- it seems really short sighted not to have a way to shut down the compressor separate of turning the vehicle off.

You bring up a good point. Never thought of a part failure aspect of it.

gto19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guys
Super super loud :D
Anyone need any help just let me know .probably took me 7 hours to install