GEN 2 KlCKER Subwoofer 802A Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes installed it tonight, wasn't too bad hardest part was popping the hole through the rubber in the firewall :)
so first take on the sound, a little disappointed the Kicker for my 14 sounded way better. Unless I am going deaf it actually sounds like the radio lowering / raising sound volume automatically because of the power.
or I could be really tired and don't know what the heck I am talking about.

lol

I've been interested in adding the kicker sub to my truck (802A w/ Sony); I had also previously added one to my 14 and was hoping adding one to my 17 would yield similar results. I know you had mentioned it sounded like the radio was lowering/raising the sound but you never fully elaborated on that. I'd really like to get your thoughts/opinions on how it sounds after having it for a couple of weeks before I pull the trigger on purchasing one. Thanks in advance!

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been interested in adding the kicker sub to my truck (802A w/ Sony); I had also previously added one to my 14 and was hoping adding one to my 17 would yield similar results. I know you had mentioned it sounded like the radio was lowering/raising the sound but you never fully elaborated on that. I'd really like to get your thoughts/opinions on how it sounds after having it for a couple of weeks before I pull the trigger on purchasing one. Thanks in advance!

So I was assuming it was the radio, which in my opinion is not loud enough
I was using my iPhone and Bluetooth. once I tried car play it was better. now I am using a ipod 4th Gen and it's much better and comparable to the 2014 with Kicker. overall I am happy again.

Sorry for confusion

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the over all out come is the Kicker upgrade is a good upgrade and worth going the with?

Anyone else do this upgrade?

How about the Kicker up grade that changes all the speakers?

I normally do a complete system ans would love a cheaper out come.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
802A... does it come with a sub? I know it doesn't come with a Kicker, but does it come with some other sub compatible with the Sony head?

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has a sony sub, but everyone says it sucks.

It does come with a sub. I wouldn't say it sucks, but that's because I came from a barebones vehicle before. It's just not what I expected for the price tag.

The built-in equalizer settings also leave quite a bit to be desired. You get treble, mid, and bass.

Jumping into a Jeep Rubicon with an Alpine system makes the raptor's Sony system sound like a joke.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, anyone got a pic of the Sony sub? Wondering if it's in the same enclosure and size as the kicker. If it is, maybe it's easier to just swap the sub. Assuming the sub has the same impedance as the kicker....

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, anyone got a pic of the Sony sub? Wondering if it's in the same enclosure and size as the kicker. If it is, maybe it's easier to just swap the sub. Assuming the sub has the same impedance as the kicker....

This Kicker sub doesn't fit without modification but I have read of others on the F150 forums that have modified the factory box to make it fit.

IMG_1785_zpspzxroxna.jpg

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7082356449536a39b7a015cac619967b.jpg

Thanks Wolfeman, do you know if the Sony sub uses the same enclosure as the Kicker. Or is it completely different... my understanding is that the left one is the Kicker, and the Sony is on the right. Sony one doesn't have an amp, it's powered from a multichannel amp elsewhere in the truck.

The pic you posted is different, shows a enclosure that is more similar to the Kicker.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7082356449536a39b7a015cac619967b.jpg

Thanks Wolfeman, do you know if the Sony sub uses the same enclosure as the Kicker. Or is it completely different... my understanding is that the left one is the Kicker, and the Sony is on the right. Sony one doesn't have an amp, it's powered from a multichannel amp elsewhere in the truck.

The pic you posted is different, shows a enclosure that is more similar to the Kicker.

That looks like the Sony sub from the 2014 and earlier trucks.

My Sony sub enclosure looks like the one below and I am almost certain that the Kicker sub enclosure is different.

IMG_1780_zpss0gazijh.jpg