GEN 2 KlCKER Subwoofer 802A Package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just some food for thought. There are a few slim aftermarket subwoofer options that actually fit behind the rear seat in the 2015+ SuperCrew. Depending on what sub/amp combo you use it will probably be cheaper than running the Kicker sub.

Yep I'm installing the JL 13TW5V2 with their xd600v2 amp - listened to their TW3 at the store and it sounded good - TW5 should get massively more bass on those tunes over the factory sub [emoji344]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

white_dc

Reaction score
Yep I'm installing the JL 13TW5V2 with their xd600v2 amp - listened to their TW3 at the store and it sounded good - TW5 should get massively more base on those tunes over the factory sub [emoji344]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cut the carpeting behind the driver's side of the rear seat there is a good bit of room.

Lots of good info in the thread below where you can tap the audio signal and activate the plug.

Factory sub - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can set in the menu or a tune to disable auto start/stop crap. The added wear on the engine and starter alone is a reason to disable it.

In addition to the button above the head unit you can turn it off in the settings menu

KsIvJQB.jpg
KA4logg.jpg

I'm still undecided about the option having never had it on a vehicle before but thought this might be helpful to your conversation

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Sony sub sounds compared to the Kicker?

I came here wondering what I could do about switching out my sub... the speakers are great, perfect for my use but the sub is wack. My bose sub in my sierra denali was way better.

Are there any aftermarket solutions for simply switching out the sub or does a new amp need to be added as well? I don't need everyone at the stop light hearing my sub but better interior performance would be great. I've messed with the EQ to no end...

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kicker substage is the best option to replace the sony crap. It has the amp built in and the wiring harness needed to install it

Does the new gen 2 still have Sony? Aren't the subs Kicker now?

In my Gen 1 I replaced all speakers, added amps etc. Focal, Audison, and I forgot the rest as it's in storage after crashing the gen 1, awaiting install in Gen 2 when I get delivery. That said, while the gen 1 stock system sucked serious ass, and while it was worlds better after my mods, I still wasn't all that happy. The audio guy tuned and tuned and to him he was thrilled. It was almost too bright even after adjustments. But computer levels were all spot on.

I've heard the newer system is worlds better as is. Maybe needing a sub only?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately still same crappy options in that if you get the full package with nav you are stuck with crap sony. But if you get the basic radio you have the option of the kicker fsub from the factory.

I do wish someone would release a headunit for the sony nav system for my gen 1. But kenwood only did it for the base system so that sucks.. So I might have to go the route of replacing it all and just getting the adapter unit for sync and canbus controls

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to the button above the head unit you can turn it off in the settings menu

KsIvJQB.jpg
KA4logg.jpg

I'm still undecided about the option having never had it on a vehicle before but thought this might be helpful to your conversation

From what I have tried, that shuts it off till the next restart. That's all.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Sony sub sounds compared to the Kicker?

I had the Kicker added to my 2014 Raptor and it blew away the Sony, I then changed all of the speakers as well.

I have the 802A package which comes with the Sony. I just ordered the Kicker Substage from Stage2motorsports.com ( I am not affiliated with them) I can give a better evaluation when I install it next week

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Agreed!!!!!!

frank20

Reaction score
I had the Kicker added to my 2014 Raptor and it blew away the Sony, I then changed all of the speakers as well.

I have the 802A package which comes with the Sony. I just ordered the Kicker Substage from Stage2motorsports.com ( I am not affiliated with them) I can give a better evaluation when I install it next week

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Agreed!!!!!!

I also added just the kicker substage to my '12 with Sony and nav and while it isn't the best sub out there it definiltey hits harder than the stock Sony junk. Doesn't get super low like my jl w7 but a major improvement. I will likely buy it again for my '17 once I get it. I've read that it won't work with the nav unit but that's the same that was said with the older models and I got it to work. Think I just had to splice into a different wire. Just a slight modification to get it to work. I'm sure a vendor or someone here can confirm that.