Kirkland Signature Full Synthetic Oil - Great Value!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

II Sevv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not about the brand making it, it’s about the API certifications. These are objective ratings that provide quantitative data on an oil’s ability to protect and lubricate your engine. The API would not risk exposing themselves to lawsuits and legal risk by mis-certifying an oil. There are actually many “name brand” oils that don’t meet the SN Plus certifications. Just because a manufacturer has been making an oil for a given amount of time doesn’t mean the oil is any good, it just means they’ve convinced consumers their oil is good enough to keep buying.

BMONTES

Reaction score
I’ve been using Kirkland oil now for my past 2 oil changes and I can’t report any issues yet. It’s a very good deal and after watching the Project Farm video, I’m convinced it’s good enough for me. I’m pretty sure if you follow the manufactures directive for oil weight and maintenance intervals you shouldn’t have issues caused by the oil itself.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I’ve been using Kirkland oil now for my past 2 oil changes and I can’t report any issues yet. It’s a very good deal and after watching the Project Farm video, I’m convinced it’s good enough for me. I’m pretty sure if you follow the manufactures directive for oil weight and maintenance intervals you shouldn’t have issues caused by the oil itself.

I've been using it too as it meets and exceeds the manufacturers oil specifications.

rcseorgia

Reaction score
I am a huge Costco fan—you don’t want to know how much money I spend with them yearly. They have had that oil for a couple of months. Given the labeling, I have had the suspicion that AMSOIL makes the oil too because it looks awfully similar—it is not the same as their signature series oil.

The oil performs really good in the above test for what it is. As much as I am a Costco fan though, I am a big believer in AMSOIL too. I have a wholesale account and normally pay $8.90 (or so) per quart for their signature series. I run the AMSOIL on 10k mile intervals after initial break in period.

The couple bucks in savings isn’t worth it to me to switch oils. But it would be interesting to run the Costco oil from day one of ownership and track the results over the life of the vehicle.
After reading somewhere (may have been a forum or Consumer Reports) that the same mfg for Costco's oil makes the SuperTech oil that is Walmart's brand, I've switched to SuperTech. They both pass the same API and other certification tests. The harder selection for me has always been the oil filter - lots more choices and no certification tests.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
There's this:

Attachments

• Ford Oil Filter Cutaway Comparison.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 28