King 2.5 Coilover Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baz80

Reaction score
Question -

I've always preferred King suspension and my previous f150 had King's 2.5 Coilover w/ the remote resi...So my Q is would there be an issue running the same set-up on my 2017 Gen 2 Raptor with original Fox shocks? All specs show they will fit, but just curious if this is doable and any feedback on the pros and cons from someone who's experimented with it.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one downgrades from a 3.0 to a 2.5 anything on these trucks (unless its an additional bypass shock). This isn't a Tacoma, the Raptor's extra mass benefits from the larger oil capacity and internal components that come from 3.0s and up.

OP
OP
baz80

baz80

Reaction score
No one downgrades from a 3.0 to a 2.5 anything on these trucks (unless its an additional bypass shock). This isn't a Tacoma, the Raptor's extra mass benefits from the larger oil capacity and internal components that come from 3.0s and up.
I kinda assumed that, but when looking at the specs it looks like it might be a wash, or more of a personal preference. Or am I missing something else?

Weights are essentially the same, and mass would just be the body kit (front and rear fenders). Plus the Raptor has beefier LCA's so I would think that would help "support" either option..
2017 Ford F150 weight 4051 - 5697
2017 Ford Raptor weight 5525 - 5697

Thoughts?

OP
OP
baz80

baz80

Reaction score
Update - got some info from a local off-road shop, they baby-stepped me through the logic as to why the 2.5's would be a bad idea. We good