Kinda of a Dream come true

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I motion that we demand more photos of this truck.

I might get my dad a Gen 1, if/when prices drop.

Viccern

Reaction score
2013 Gen 1 bought this 3 weeks ago, a lot of miles(193k) and going strong. Currently in the process of oem+ restore. Minor things that I’m finding annoying and ugly that I just can’t have. Other than that I’ve always wanted one sense the day I saw a brand new one at the dealership in 2011. Now that I have the money and place to work on it I’m happy I bought a fixer upper.

Kasey
Welcome! I'm in the same boat - always drooled over these trucks and since Father's day this year, now I've gone one. I've done a bunch of small repairs to my high mileage (140k) truck as well... what have you done so far?

OP
OP
V

Vickc

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, I’ll post some more pictures as I go. When I bought the truck it came with the wheels and tires, K&N intake(probably be gone soon once I get some regular maintenance done, really wanting to do supercharger it). Has a stage6tuner that came with it as well, haven't messed with it yet and then it had a very not so good sounding magnaflow cat back and some not so good mechanics going on.

Now for what I have done and have coming...
-Sync 2 to Sync 3 upgrade
- Updated backup cam and housing
- Tire rotation(previous owner didn't seem to care)
- AFE 3.5'' single in too single out cat back
- Rebuilt front end all the way down to lower control arms (working with DOUG to get GEN2 front shocks as well)
- Paint matched all interior panels back to OEM color and cleaned up any gouges.
- Random other interior parts that were just easier to replace.(looking for factory front seat upholstery)
- Figuring out what supercharger kit I want to run (any advice is welcome)
- Bed liner this Friday
- Tinted windows
Currently I'm debating if I want to have the trans flushed and refilled (filter and gasket on there way) or just drained and refilled. I've heard that sometimes a flush can be bad for a truck with as many miles as mine has due to that it could take material from the clutch packs(any advice, I'm not doing the work).

I'm sure there is some things I'm leaving out and probably plenty of exploring that I can do to answer any questions or advice that I'm asking here, very happy the raptor community is strong and healthy.