Kinda of a Dream come true

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. Looks like an electric bed cover like my '14 came with. I love the convenience of a push button. I don't think I would flush the tranny. We did our Lexus years ago and it lasted about 2 weeks before we had to rebuild it. When I purchased my F150, the transmission shop told me not to change the fluid at 122K. My Raptor was bought with 136K, but had several changes done before I bought it, according to the carfax. I'll change it when the next interval is due. Good luck with your truck.

SVTWillis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats! Gen 1’s are the best. There’s another member on here that posted a Raptor with over 400k miles on it. Plenty of life left. Just keep up with the maintenance and it will do you right. I too have heard flushing the trans causes problems on higher mileage vehicles. Also, the Whipple super chargers can get a little more HP than the Roush. I have the Roush with the JDM 700HP tune and it’s night and day difference from the stock Roush tune. Shifts are way better and overall drivability is fantastic. These trucks are heavy pigs so a supercharger is a fitting mod. Good luck on your journey and have fun.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I also picked up a high mileage Gen1 recently and am working to get her back in shape. Doing a lot of similar things you’ve done already.

I did a flush (before I found out that it was a bad idea) and I believe that it ended up causing some blockages in the valve body, which led to shifting issues.