Kinda confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Heated and cooled seats e-locker in the front. They just keep adding little things and who knows maybe eco boost. Id really like to see an 5.0 eco boost and a t6060 but I doubt that will happen. If it does I will be at the dealership first day the order banks come out.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I think the cooled seats should be an option back in 10 or atleast an accessory to buy. but front e-locker would be nice. I think the eco boost would be great but either way I was happy with the 5.4L I've only driven the new 5.0 in couple f-150 and 1 mustang fun engine to drive. If you look at the history of the 5.4L they finally got it perfected and then they discontinue it.

97-03 5.4 2v blew out spark plugs
04-08 5.4 3v spark plugs broke in cylinder head and vct phaser tick
08.5 5.4 3v in superduties had new sparkplug design
09-current new spark plug design that doens't blow or break
11 no more 5.4L

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A modded 6.2 is an absolute beast. If you're into power, i would really reccomend stepping up. I'm sure the 5.4's are plenty powerfull but a tuned up 6.2...damn!

OP
OP
M

Meskiel

Reaction score
Well I went big. Here's what happen. I was driving yesterday when I drove by a ford dealership and there was a 2011 with big old 4 doors. Pulled in and found out the truck was ordered for someone but the deal flopped somehow. I bought it. As I was driving around I made some notes on how I felt as I was driving. The longer bed really calmed thing down a good bit with the back end. And there is huge amounts of power. With the new instrument cluster things seamed a bit new in the cockpit. Love the truck and will be adding some photos soon.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Congrats. The more I spend in the new 11 F150's at work, the older my 10 feels haha!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
off the main topic why does everyone say wait for 2012 raptors out. Does anyone know what they will have exactly? The ecoboost is a great engine and its def fun to drive only downside to having twin turbo engine it the taurus shows don't have the ***** guage installed I don't think the f-150's do either. Has anyone heard if the ecoboost will be in the 2012 for sure or still just rumor.

nobody knows anything...not sure why i said it. maybe because he already has a Raptor and he can wait...

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I have a 10 raptor and can't wait for an 11 so my son quits kicking my back seat. I've jsut been curious when many people say wait for 2012 I have such good luck they would quit making the raptor in 2012 reguardless of how well they sold.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 5.4 has so far been a great motor and gets good mileage so I guess I don't miss having a 6.2(though a little more power would be nice sometimes) and I luv the Super-cab looks over the crew(sorry crew owners just my opinion). I don't have alot of people to pack around and so far have had more than enough room for what I need. Heck, that's why i got rid of my Tahoe was for a truck besides there is always more room in the bed.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Brinkwolf, I have the same truck and I have added about 70 horsepower to the 5.4 which brings it pretty close to the 6.2 and really woke the truck up.

bronco88

Reaction score
shelteredraptor, what did you do for 70hp? Trying to figure exactly what I want to do to my 5.4, and do it once and right. Thanks