KIDOR Lemon Law Denied and Suspension Warranty Cancelled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why? no new Sister Wives or 1000 pound sister shows to binge watch? ;)

Seriously, we should be charging this guy for time watching his videos.

I just don't understand his thinking. He's so "wrapped around the axle" with a supposed software issue, that he's looking at this truck, and it's a POS, IMO. He could find a much better Gen 1, but I would just bite the bullet and get the 20 fixed, or drive it correctly.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the deal with the steering wheel coming loose?

I remember 80-90s trucks steering column bushings wearing out, generally from people using them for a handle to get in a truck. I don't really remember the actual steering wheel coming loose, maybe I have forgotten.

Does the Raptor wheel have a keyway so that the wheel only goes on in only one position on the shaft? Did the wheel come loose because the guy made an ill-conceived move to recenter the wheel after the lift, and not get it properly re-mounted?

If he did manage to get the steering wheel on in a different spline position, does the truck computer now think the truck is actually turning slightly left or right while going straight? If so, hitting a rock at 70 kicking the front tires to the right, would the computer make an over correction thinking it's going too far to the right?

its not splined.. its a large hex with a bolt threaded in the middle. its not a super tight fit so when the power steering system goes nuts and starts fighting back, the bolt just loosens.. tightened my wheel down twice and the third time it got loctite..

bc3e127e_c950_42e0_ba42_691a8f60b4f0_b938c1707755d7b993db02d3ad96b319bbf75a62.jpeg

This was the first pic i came across and i just noticed the circled part which has nothing to do with my post.. lol

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is such a good read! My truck is a 2018 and I had to do a steering rack at 36,750 miles. Paid out of pocket $3100 for it (warranty ran out at 36k) I realize now I should have made a YouTube video out of this [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG, then we would all be like that **** from Olsen Motorsports doesn't know jack about driving off-road!! Who watches this idiot!! :D

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand his thinking. He's so "wrapped around the axle" with a supposed software issue, that he's looking at this truck, and it's a POS, IMO. He could find a much better Gen 1, but I would just bite the bullet and get the 20 fixed, or drive it correctly.
So trade in a poorly functioning, questionably modded, abused truck and then try to buy a poorly functioning, questionably modded, abused truck for $70k. I wish FRF had the clown emoji, I'm bewildered.

Why not just wait for a Gen3. I get ADM's will be a thing but I'm sure he could work something with his generous dealer to get it at MSRP or around there.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not splined.. its a large hex with a bolt threaded in the middle. its not a super tight fit so when the power steering system goes nuts and starts fighting back, the bolt just loosens.. tightened my wheel down twice and the third time it got loctite..

View attachment 163852

This was the first pic i came across and i just noticed the circled part which has nothing to do with my post.. lol
I installed my own aftermarket steering wheel. I replaced the OEM bolt with a new OEM bolt at install. The oem bolt is preapplied with a yellow threadlocker.
The wheel is a tight fit, and the bolt makes it super tight. I don't foresee this coming loose easily if properly installed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Selling his Raptor and still complaining about Ford Warranty. Dude literally has videos of him take a sledge hammer to the body to get the 37s to fit... Maybe it wasn't designed for 37s and they don't want to pay for your mistakes!