Kicker Sub upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to implement this upgrade as well, after speaking with Fo! Picked up the same woofer for a good deal and already have a JL 500/1 mono block laying around. Waiting for my cabling and polyfil to come and will try it out. To counter the bass roll off from the B&O I am going to employee this Audio Control unit. It will address this.

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

This won’t sound anything like two 10” subs or let alone one 10”. But it’s a pretty cheap and simple upgrade and lets you keep all your floor space and no mods required behind the seat. If it sounds pretty good then I will roll with it for at least a good long while. If it doesn’t, I will go with a single 10” at the very least. Was looking to upgrade the whole system, but may piece meal it along the way.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2018 802A with B&O. I used the Kicker 43CWRT82 sub with the Kenwood KAC-M3001 amp. I threw in a little stuffing inside the box and then wrapped the box with audio matting. It took about a week for the sub to break in, but it was TOTALY worth it! The bass is clean and hits hard. I see guys putting these huge heavy boxes under the rear seats and just don't understand why.

Did you use any special harness to connect the speaker wires to the Kenwood amp? Or do the factory connectors go right into the Kenwood amp's connections?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
excuse the newbie here, but this is an upgrade over the stock B&O system?

While I haven’t done the actual upgrade to the sub yet, it should be. Until I perform it, I cannot comment on how good it might be. I only heard some good reviews, so curious enough to try it.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K223 , very interested how yours turns out. I like more bass in my music so i'm interested in that signal processor. Are you going to run the optional bass adjustment control mounted on your dash?.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to implement this upgrade as well, after speaking with Fo! Picked up the same woofer for a good deal and already have a JL 500/1 mono block laying around. Waiting for my cabling and polyfil to come and will try it out. To counter the bass roll off from the B&O I am going to employee this Audio Control unit. It will address this.

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

This won’t sound anything like two 10” subs or let alone one 10”. But it’s a pretty cheap and simple upgrade and lets you keep all your floor space and no mods required behind the seat. If it sounds pretty good then I will roll with it for at least a good long while. If it doesn’t, I will go with a single 10” at the very least. Was looking to upgrade the whole system, but may piece meal it along the way.

Thinking of doing this as well but instead of using the LC2i, using the Kicker KEY500.1 amp that has the processor built in...1 less component involved. https://www.kicker.com/key-5001-1-channel-smart-amplifier

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
K223 , very interested how yours turns out. I like more bass in my music so i'm interested in that signal processor. Are you going to run the optional bass adjustment control mounted on your dash?.

I thought about upgrading the actual woofer and putting some real power to it shortly after I got the truck. I was disappointed with its performance and my previous vehicles always had stereo upgrades. But I heard the sub enclosure isn’t much good and the bass roll off won’t help. So planned on doing at least one 10” in an enclosure under the seat. But I heard about the 8” upgrade and for simplicity sake it sounded good. So will give it a go and hope the processor helps. Audio control makes amps with the professor built in as well. The Kicker sounds like a nice option too. Interested in hearing how yours turns out. I will report on my upgrade as well. Just waiting on some wire to get here.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any updates from anyone else installing the new sub in OEM box? Havent bought anything yet but wanting more bass so seriously considering trying this.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think I have everything now to try this. I’m just curious and got most of the items at reduced cost. Might be able to start this weekend. I’ll keep the thread posted.

However there’s something called Mother’s Day that might get in the way lol.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Think I have everything now to try this. I’m just curious and got most of the items at reduced cost. Might be able to start this weekend. I’ll keep the thread posted.

However there’s something called Mother’s Day that might get in the way lol.

Lol. Yea dont muck that up, only second fiddle by a photo finish to a pissed wife is a pissed mom!

Are you going to do the stuffing and sound matting as well? How much stuffing goes into sub enclosure...force packed in tight or just gently filled up? What brand of sound mat is preferred?

Also did you work out if any Metra harnesses were available to plug into the BO signal wires and from the newvamp to the enclosure/sub wiring?

Last edited: