Kicker Sub Upgrade How-To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made some refinements in the settings on the 801/Nav. I can't get over the improvements this sub has. Amazing.!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Slate993tt

Reaction score
Bummed...

I just got done wiring the whole set-up only to find no output on the sub itself. There is verified power going to the amp on the kicker sub as the green light is on but there seems to be no signal to tell it when to fire. I modified the stock Sony harness per the pics on the first page of this thread and re-went over everything. Would anyone happen to know what I might be missing or if they've seen/heard of this happening before.

Thank you in advance. Man I was really happy with the Kicker Door speaker upgrade I did and was really looking forward to the new Sub.

Chad

Attachments

• IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 136

Slate993tt

Reaction score
Please disregard...I found the problem...a wire came loos and I re-soldered it. Now it is cherry and the sound improvement is excellent. I couldn't be happier and thanks to everyone who had posted how to make this work! What a great forum.

Reaction score
"Same" in the way of install and components but the actual sub boxes and locations are different. The SCrew sub box looks very similar to the stock sub box and is mounted in the same spot using the stock mount locations. The SCab box is a long box that goes under the driver side rear seat and mounts to the actual seat frame using those metal clip fasteners and the same screws that mounted the stock box to the stock location. You also don't need to do anything with the jack location on the SCrews.
Why are the locations for the scab and screw any different? Why can't I just use the screw upgrade on my scab?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why are the locations for the scab and screw any different? Why can't I just use the screw upgrade on my scab?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The sub for a screw is larger than the sub for a scab. They move the scab sub to the drivers side, because that seat, and the area under the seat is larger. Does that make sense?