Kicker Key Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
So the Amp Pro won’t turn on the amps because it only has 0.09 volts per RCA channel? Does this sound right?

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
Got the Kicker Key and Pac Amp Pro installed but not with out a few minor issues that Ive got mostly worked out. Remote sensing turn on does not work on either of my amps now for some reason. I had to run a remote lead to get them to turn on.

Still have a couple questions maybe someone can answer...

I thought with the Pac Amp Pro installed, my subwoofer would be independent of the fader on the truck stereo but its not. If I fade to the front speakers, I cant hear my sub. This doesnt sound right?

Also now my sub is about 50% quieter (even with the bass **** turned all the way up) compared to before I did the Kicker Key and Amp Pro install. So Im not sure if theres something up with my inputs coming from the Amp Pro or what?

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remote should work no problem. Did you flip the switch on it yet? It should be on DC. Your sub should be independent and wouldn't be affected by the fader. The bass shouldn't be more quiet. You did something wrong.

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
Ok, I guess I was doing something wrong. Now my sub is independent from the rest of the speakers and not controlled by the fader. But, it is still very quiet compared to before. I guess Ill just have to live with it for now. I cant find any decent Car audio shops in my area that will take a look at it.

Overall I do enjoy the better sound that the Kicker Key provides my front speakers. Was it a PITA, yes, was it worth it? maybe, still undecided.

I think the PAC Audio leaves much to be desired tho. It works ok for the most part but theres still things about it that could be improved. Not sure why it cuts out when my phone is plugged in to Car Play and I send a text message. Also the SYNC system beep is a different tone.

I just wish there was a system that worked and deleted the Sony amp with no problems. I think our only other option is the DSR1 and it wasnt much better if any.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DSR1 will have lots of issues. I'm starting to think the install didn't go well. I've installed many of these units without any issues that you've mentioned. Are you running it in bi-amp mode or going passive using crossovers? Did you adjust the gains after the tune? Did you tune the system with all of the head unit settings completely flat and sub disconnected? Lots of things to go over before throwing in the towel.

OP
OP
E

evan9r

Reaction score
Bi Amp mode yes. I did the Kicker tune by the book, all settings flat, sub disconnected as well as rear speakers. The only issue I have with the Kicker key is that its not turning on without a remote power wire which is not a big deal now that I have one run.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bi-amp mode doesn't work well in this truck for some reason. That could be a massive reason why are are not getting volume and the calls/nav sounds weird. I always recommend using this amp in a passive setup for this reason. Once you revert it to passive it will still sound great but now with twice the volume.