GEN 2 KHC Torque Arm, anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nclemens

Reaction score
KHC stated approximately 80-100 lbs

I figured as much. It looks pretty beefy in the pictures.

That's a lot of extra unsprung weight being added to the rear end. It's essentially adding a third wheel/tire by comparison. I love the design but it would be even better made out of a lighter weight material. I'm sure that would push the price point up considerably. Just food for thought...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Weight wasn’t an issue I’d considered before, but, if you look at the drawings back on page 3, at least it’s all centered and not outboard. sure, Titanium would be great but it’s a bear to work with and I would imagine the forces the t/a is counteracting is beyond the capability of aluminum.

AWE 2FG removes the rear muffler, at least 40 pounds. :)

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured as much. It looks pretty beefy in the pictures.

That's a lot of extra unsprung weight being added to the rear end. It's essentially adding a third wheel/tire by comparison. I love the design but it would be even better made out of a lighter weight material. I'm sure that would push the price point up considerably. Just food for thought...
have a raptor and worried about a extra hundred pounds?

very happy with the way the rear end of the raptor feels now, with the torque arm installed btw.

OP
OP
M

MacK88DO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How’s the rear feel now under hard acceleration? Does it seem to hook up and gain traction quicker/launch harder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
The arm has an adjustable joint at the axle end which gets threaded in and out based on where the lower fixed joint falls in the axle bracket. This allows for different ride height and or angle variations from truck to truck.
Does it come with installation instructions?

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious how much deaver +3 help with axle wrap? Love to see a vid depicting deavers alone.
I was going to ask the same question. I had ICON rear leaf springs installed and there is a massive difference compared to stock.

In the 2 videos on page 2, what leaf springs are on the truck with it installed? The video without it installed looks like the stock flimsy springs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question. I had ICON rear leaf springs installed and there is a massive difference compared to stock.

In the 2 videos on page 2, what leaf springs are on the truck with it installed? The video without it installed looks like the stock flimsy springs.

I’d say that’s a topic that deserves its own thread.