GEN 2 KHC Torque Arm, anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is a very cleaver design!

Have you done a lot of Offroad testing with it?

Has anyone bent the frame cross member the torque arm reacts against?

Does it make any noise while in use on or Offroad?

How often does it need to be greased?

Does the color black match the Ford OEM black of the rear axle housing?

Are the parts powder coated?

Does the brake line need to be split to install?

Can this be done in the driveway on jack stands?

What is the installation time?

Thanks in advance and nice work!

The brake lines don't need to be split- you cut slots in the factory bracket to remove them and the new bracket has slots built into it. I personally have had mine in for about 8k miles with no issues and it has spent some hard time offroad. I grease the slider every 3k or so unless the truck goes offroad then i grease it before and after. It definately can be installed in your driveway- you will just need to remove the driveshaft.

Here are some additional pics

gen 1 super cab frame.JPG

gen 1 super cab frame3.JPG

gen 1 super cab frame4.JPG

tork arm 7.JPG

tork arm 8.JPG

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So cool to see people inquiring about the torque arm. Thanks to Offroad Alliance (Ford Raptor Lights) for believing in the concept !!! Its a new and different idea to cure 95% of axle wrap with the last 5% allowing for some flexibility for 0 bind during suspension travel. I was inspired by the late 70's early 80's gm cars to design this concept moving it to the top of the axle to allow for no ground clearance issues. Real world reviews have been all positive so far along with long travel trucks reporting no suspension binding issues at full droop. I will up load some videos so you can see it in action vs stock.

Shit..... GM used that design until 2002 when they killed the Camaro and Trans Am.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man if you could get a boot over the sliding yoke you would be set. Maybe hard to tell if it's dry but it would keep a lot of slop off.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
picked up my raptor from khc, and this was one of the few things installed. test driving, and missed a turn, did a oh shit turn at higher then normal turn in speeds. rear end stayed planted on the road. happy camper. changing lanes, everything, rear feels more planted.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Available for the GEN 1 yet?
If so, please send a PM re: lead time, price, etc.
@MacK88DO

Yes, we can get them in custom colors. Normal timeframe is 2-4 weeks from time of order with custom colors sometimes adding an extra week or so. Here's some additional pictures as well.

Some other key factors:

- No loss of ground clearance
- Offers optional differential skid plate as part of the kit

en7pc5D.jpg

bLkC0SP.jpg

Raptus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake lines don't need to be split- you cut slots in the factory bracket to remove them and the new bracket has slots built into it. I personally have had mine in for about 8k miles with no issues and it has spent some hard time offroad. I grease the slider every 3k or so unless the truck goes offroad then i grease it before and after. It definately can be installed in your driveway- you will just need to remove the driveshaft.

Thanks for all the additional information and CAD drawings! Really impressed with the design and execution. Top notch work!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's quite a design! How does it affect towing and load-carrying, plus or minus? And is it compatible with aftermarket differential covers?