GEN 2 KHC Torque Arm, anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was excited when I saw this thread in the search when looking up the torque arm. Bummed to see the problems people are having after reading everything. Since the last post was in December has there been any updates to fix the problems people have had?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It is my understanding that If you don’t run the skid plate you can’t have the problem.

That’s been my experience. And it’s a good thing, because I asked for a modified bracket ... I don’t know, late last year some time... It’s never coming.

I test fitted the diff shield and didn’t have any practical clearance, so I pulled mine and just left the brackets in place. I still have the diff shield and hardware in my garage collecting dust and rust.

The torque arm definitely helps, significantly. Can be installed in your driveway, without a lift and without pulling the drive shaft. It takes a little patience with the d/s in place, but saves that drama.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
That’s been my experience. And it’s a good thing, because I asked for a modified bracket ... I don’t know, late last year some time... It’s never coming.

I test fitted the diff shield and didn’t have any practical clearance, so I pulled mine and just left the brackets in place. I still have the diff shield and hardware in my garage collecting dust and rust.

The torque arm definitely helps, significantly. Can be installed in your driveway, without a lift and without pulling the drive shaft. It takes a little patience with the d/s in place, but saves that drama.

Nothing like great Customer Service, I understand that you can run it without the shield, however, you paid for the shield and it should have fit without causing any damage.

You requested the manufacturer to fix the issue which he had replied to me that he would take care of his customers that paid hard earned money on a product that should have worked as described.

At the very least they should have given you an updated bracket that worked and reimbursed anyone that had additional costs to repair the damage that their poor R&D caused.

It's one reason why mine is still under the bed.

I will get around to installing it because overall I believe it's a great product, however, the manufacturer owes its customers support to correct any design defects that their products caused, Period!

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other then the bracket for the dif shield not fitting correctly and the bearing being pushed in by the slip joint has there been any other problems come up? Some of you have had it for a while now....still happy with it? Seems like a great design, and not having the shield isnt a deal braker.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure if it’s mentioned in this thread or one of the others, but one of us damaged the slip yoke, and I believe it was attributed to improper adjustment(?) at time of install.

I’ve had mine installed about 8 or 9 months maybe... I had it for a while as parts in the garage.
The install took me a weekend because I was cognizant of the bracket clearance issues, had to fully install the shield to confirm I would have the problem, de-install the shield and move on. You also have to move some brake lines running along the axle, including bending them which I was not comfortable with but got through it without drama. Also, the top of the diff housing brake line bracket is problematic after installing the torque arm. the rubber lines are able to rub hard parts now that there’s new hardware in their way. Instructions have you bend the bracket and ensure the lines have enough slack for full suspension travel. The lines form an “S” but they love to bend inverted so the lines hit the torque arm. I ended up putting some sheathing and a loose tie / loop close to the top to prevent this. it seems to be working. I could be erring on the side of paranoia here, but I’ve lost a rubber brake line before and don’t want to do it again.

ok, so that’s out of the way.

function: 100-150% improvement. This is tough to quantify, because the stock rear leafs are so easy to wrap and induce axle hop. It was most evident at Raptor Assault, when you’d do a full throttle take off you’d get wrap and hop as soon as the hair driers spooled. You can get this on pavement too but more easily noticed on a surface with less traction like mud or sand.

After installing the torque arm this is radically changed. I can’t say if front to back movement is 100% eliminated or if hop is 100% eliminated, but the effect is that flooring it results in the truck moving straight forward despite having lost traction while you’re spinning your wheels. There’s literally no pounding sensation from the axle hop. Before doing this, the truck required some steering correction all the time.

I’m sure the traction bar customers can articulate similar findings.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was the one that damaged the slip yoke. I was working with KHC to get a new one but with my current situation and at that time their limited staffing due to covid I decided to back yard garage the thing.

I forgot to take pictures of what I did but it was a quick fix. So the inner bushing looks like its made out of Delrin. I cut a square hole in the top of the arm just in front of the 1st cross braced tube behind the entrance of the yoke. Pushed the Delrin bushing back into place and welded in a piece of metal to prevent the bushing from pushing back into the arm. Double checking clearances with the yoke fully inserted and it doesn't get close to that point of hitting my POS brace. Cleaned up the wear on the yoke, re-drilled the zirc fitting hole in the Delrin sleeve for the grease, welded the top back on and threw some paint on her.

I made sure to adjust the arm with the truck fully on the ground this time and about 2k miles later with a couple hundred dirt miles the arms working just fine and the bushing is staying in place. As far as I'm concerned this will last me at least till the Gen 3 comes out and I'm planning to trade up. I have a real hard time saying no factory 5 link and 37's.

I would still do this mod again all things considering as probably the one with the most issues with this thing lol. That being said no where in KHC's instructions did it say to adjust the arm with all the wheels on the ground. Hell, even their photos of it are all with the rear suspension fully flexed out. So IMO the only real 2 gotchas are the skid plate bracket and the initial adjustment of the arm. If you can get past that 10000% worth it on or off-road for how non intrusive this mod is.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
#Respect.

excellent improvisation, adaptation and overcoming.

invalidusername

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My slip yoke was also damaged, I had a shop install mine so I am unaware of how it was installed. KHC fixed it and sent it back to me earlier in the year. The upgraded bushings on the arm itself too to a different material so it was stiffer.

I don't remember the diff bracket hitting anything though. I came to look for this thread because mine is for sale and the buyer asked if it was hitting.