GEN 2 KHC Torque Arm, anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stRaptor2019

Reaction score
So my first impression after the painstaking install is AWESOME! It definitely keeps the rear planted. I am happy I put it on. The only thing I would change in the installation directions for those who had the pinion seal fail is snug the upper bolt first, then lower and check bracket/pinion seal distance. If good tighten upper fully first, then lower. Seams perfect.

For those on the fence about buying one, GET IT!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I thought the T/A made a huge difference in the sand, but on the street too.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the new skid plates that come with their torque arms are redesigned so that there's no rubbing issues now?

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a little over 10k miles on my Torque Arm now. Mostly street but a good 1k plus in the dirt. I've grease it with mobile red on installation and 2 other times at 5k but I didn't have a grease gun handy to lube it again after 10k (around 8k or so was the 2nd time). About a couple hundred miles ago I started noticing a clunking sound and couldn't figure out what it was. Figured it was something in my bed so i took pretty much everything out. Was still hearing the clunking sound. Checked the torque are and everything around the pumpkin and the frame plate seemed like it was fine. Than I saw this......

IMG_0098.jpg

As you can see the bushing on the front of the arm seems to been pushed into the arm. I'm not even sure If I'll be able to get that sucker back out, but it looks like my arm is toast without making a new bushing... So word of advice... Check that bushing on your arm if you have one of these! If it looks like its getting pushed in you might be able to save it with a bearing puller.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
As you can see the bushing on the front of the arm seems to been pushed into the arm. I'm not even sure If I'll be able to get that sucker back out, but it looks like my arm is toast without making a new bushing... So word of advice... Check that bushing on your arm if you have one of these! If it looks like its getting pushed in you might be able to save it with a bearing puller.

No... I can’t. What exactly are we looking at in that picture. This looks nothing like anything on my torque arm, anywhere.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That looks like the end of the arm where the slip joint is, or it could be the other end at the diff. My truck is not near me so I can’t confirm for sure.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No... I can’t. What exactly are we looking at in that picture. This looks nothing like anything on my torque arm, anywhere.

It's the slip slip joint at the center. Here is a better picture of the location and what it is supposed to look like. Mine is kind of a bad pic since I was on my back without the truck lifted.

tork-arm-5-jpg.128737

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
It's the slip slip joint at the center. Here is a better picture of the location and what it is supposed to look like. Mine is kind of a bad pic since I was on my back without the truck lifted.

tork-arm-5-jpg.128737

I see now as others will too.

Many times folks take a close up which can make it hard to understand exactly what your looking your trying to describe.

It happens a lot.