GEN 2 KHC Torque Arm, anyone running it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as far as I can tell after reading though all of this, it's that the front bracket used between the top mounted plate, and the front of the skid plate slips too far forward and F's up the pinion seal and deflector (on some trucks), correct? This is only an issue with the skid plate option? To be honest I'm not using mine like most people on here so I wasn't too sure I wanted the skid plate option to begin with. I was going to get it as added insurance for the one or two times a year I travel across a rocky creek bottom for about a mile each way... otherwise I'm afraid it would just hold the mud, there is a lot of clay in a few places I go. Can it be purchased separately does anyone know, or are the brackets different if you order without the skid plate?

It's that the skid plate mounting bracket isn't high enough or not forward enough.

You don't need the skid plate. The option gives you 3 extra brackets and the skid itself. On KHC's website it doesn't show as to being able to order it separately but I'd imagine that you could contact them directly and get it. I'm guessing this is because it seems like all of these are made to order and not stocked.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed the TQ arm and no wheel hop Dry or Wet pavement! Off road test in a few days. I will watch for the issues with the pinion seal, its close but it seems like there is now way the bracket could move to come in contact with it. The upper mount is in contact with the top of the Diff housing and so the front mount for the skid plate should not move down to contact that seal and plastic ring. Who knows maybe there is some flex in the upper mount. For now keeping an eye on it and will update if anything changes.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the TQ arm and no wheel hop Dry or Wet pavement! Off road test in a few days. I will watch for the issues with the pinion seal, its close but it seems like there is now way the bracket could move to come in contact with it. The upper mount is in contact with the top of the Diff housing and so the front mount for the skid plate should not move down to contact that seal and plastic ring. Who knows maybe there is some flex in the upper mount. For now keeping an eye on it and will update if anything changes.

So you are running the SkidPlate? Care to share what M/Y your truck is?

Has anyone ordered one of these (or anything from KHC) recently? I want some items but this saga and the responses have me worried. I know KHC is well known and most people are happy with their products.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes I am. It is a 2019 I decided to run it as designed since there was not a real firm opinion if it is a casting difference of the Ford axle or if it is an issue with the KHC part. I am keeping an eye on it for now but when we got it installed it just did not seen as though mine was going to have a issue. I doubt everything so I needed to put it on and see for myself what was going on for me. If anything come up I will update.

Give them a call and talk with them about your concerns, they are good guys, I plan on buying my bumper from them as I feel they make good stuff. The Toque arm is a different animal then a bumper or other parts they are making but it really works well even though some have encountered issues.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it, you should know within a week or two whether or not the part shifted and made contact. The dust deflector will start to wear and you’ll have fluid spots on the ground pretty quick.

My truck was built in June of 2019, and it definitely had an issue.

1stRaptor2019

Reaction score
Well, received my torque arm last week and went to install, but the axle brace would not fit. It is to narrow to go around the differential. Waiting on response after I sent pics. Frustrating!IMG_7514.jpegIMG_7515.jpegIMG_7516.jpegIMG_7517.jpegIMG_7518.jpeg

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... that's new....

You are definitely going to have to send that one back... I'm guessing they will send you a new cradle with a return slip to send that one back.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was tight but not that tight, it was what I call almost a press fit.

Report after some wash board and Accl runs on dirt. This is awesome no wheel hop in any mode or TCS setting.

Also mine seems to fit just right and no movement towards the piñon seal with the skid plate installed.