KHC top shock mount conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just barely..lol

Are you building a 240 on Insta Jake?

Nice, I know Evil makes a new bottle but some have made their own too. @lucky_raptor made his own.

Believe it not I don’t have an Instagram......

Did someone take my name?

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this kit uses the stock gen 2 springs or do you need to use a gen 1 spring and top hat? Was thinking about doing this with some live valves

Primez

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this kit uses the stock gen 2 springs or do you need to use a gen 1 spring and top hat? Was thinking about doing this with some live valves
Would like to know this too. You can currently run Gen 2 shocks on OEM buckets if you swap spring and top hat.

The spring swap is required for clearance of the UCA if you don’t have any supporting mods, like potentially a new bucket. :hmm:

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to know this too. You can currently run Gen 2 shocks on OEM buckets if you swap spring and top hat.

The spring swap is required for clearance of the UCA if you don’t have any supporting mods, like potentially a new bucket. :hmm:

I’m calling them Monday to ask. I called Friday and they where all out on a raptor run.

gotsboost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so you run the gen 2 spring and top hat. Which makes things easy. They do recommend upper arms. The guy I talked to has them on his truck and loves them. He said it’s the exact geometry as a gen 2 giving you the 13 right inch’s of travel

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I little off topic but what does the Gen 1 front suspension get as far as travel numbers? I have camburg uniball upper arms, does that make a difference at all with travel numbers?

Primez

Reaction score
Okay so you run the gen 2 spring and top hat. Which makes things easy. They do recommend upper arms. The guy I talked to has them on his truck and loves them. He said it’s the exact geometry as a gen 2 giving you the 13 right inch’s of travel
I didn’t save my springs or top hats when I converted mine for Gen 1 :emotions122:

OP
OP
Canuck714

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes the purpose of the shock bucket conversion is so you can a) run a complete Gen 2 shock hat and spring. b) run aftermarket Gen shocks that will give yo a little more shock travel and access to the newest technology from King/Fox etc
As for travel numbers, I cycled mine and was just over 13.5 droop to bump.

Augster

Reaction score
Canuck714: What coilovers did you use? OEM Gen 2's or aftermarket King/Fox?

How has the ride been, on and off road, for coilovers not designed for weight difference of 6.2L Gen 1 vs 3.5EB Gen 2? I'm afraid the heavier Gen 1 with 6.2L would bottom out more often than not. I've got 200 pounds of winch (which by itself has considerably altered the ride characteristics), and may add another couple hundred if I go aftermarket winch-capable front bumper (ADD Venom) which leads me to believe I would need custom tuned shocks and different springs.

King and Fox both offer 3.0's for the Gen 1, and if I have to order them built to handle the extra weight, would Gen 2 3.0 King's for Fox's really be worth the extra effort with the KHC chop? That is, will custom-built King/Fox 3.0's Gen 2's be noticeably better overall than custom-built King/Fox 3.0's for Gen 1?

WHBD

Reaction score
Canuck714: What coilovers did you use? OEM Gen 2's or aftermarket King/Fox?

How has the ride been, on and off road, for coilovers not designed for weight difference of 6.2L Gen 1 vs 3.5EB Gen 2? I'm afraid the heavier Gen 1 with 6.2L would bottom out more often than not. I've got 200 pounds of winch (which by itself has considerably altered the ride characteristics), and may add another couple hundred if I go aftermarket winch-capable front bumper (ADD Venom) which leads me to believe I would need custom tuned shocks and different springs.

King and Fox both offer 3.0's for the Gen 1, and if I have to order them built to handle the extra weight, would Gen 2 3.0 King's for Fox's really be worth the extra effort with the KHC chop? That is, will custom-built King/Fox 3.0's Gen 2's be noticeably better overall than custom-built King/Fox 3.0's for Gen 1?
@Canuck714 any update on this? Appreciate it!