Keypad Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walked out to see the truck‘s entry keypad flashing erratically . Reset the entry code, locked unlocked etc… no changes.

I did wash it after some rain using a pressure washer, I‘m guessing water intrusion but wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the issue.

Don’t want to take it in to the dealership and have them prying on a new truck to be honest.

Any input is appreciated, can upload a video if that helps.

OP
OP
erniecsays

erniecsays

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Keypad works fine, entirely back to normal.

At this point dont think it was water intrusion, since it has been raining all week in So Cal and its functioned OK.

I disconnected the battery, moved my second key from the place it’s stored within proximity to the truck (read somewhere this might have to do with it), changed the entry code.

I think someone maybe tried to get in via the key pad at some point? Or maybe tried to steal the signal?? Who knows, but sketch… also read the keypad flashing indicates this might have occurred.

Glad it’s in working order it was stressing me out.

Last edited: