Keypad Entry Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G8R-RPTR

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you leave your wallet and Social Security card in the truck as well?
I leave my wallet in my center console safe occasionally. Figured it was safer there than taking it with me when I’m out on the water or in the woods. I don’t carry my ss card around with me so I’ve never had the need to leave it in my vehicle.

Blu Bug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice to live in place you can trust people enough to leave things in your truck. I live in
Callifornia and I try not to leave anything in the truck.

OP
OP
G8R-RPTR

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice to live in place you can trust people enough to leave things in your truck. I live in
Callifornia and I try not to leave anything in the truck.
I’ve been doing it since I switched to Ford trucks about 6 years ago. I always assumed the alarm activation would cancel push start. Never had an issue, but figure it’s time to quit pressing my luck. My safe is pretty secure (bolted to floor from the inside). I’m going to see if it picks my key up if it’s inside the safe. If it picks it up in the safe I’ll probably try a valet key fob blocker and then put keys/blocker in safe to use for those situations where I don’t want to take key with me.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be pretty easy to test. leave a window open, lock the truck with fob in. Reach through the window and open the door (pretty sure that will set off the alarm.) attempt to start. ....me thinks bye bye truck. If that doesn't work ....try it with windows up and buddy in the truck to open to door.