Keypad Entry Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically leave my keys inside my truck and use the keypad entry to gain access. I am curious what would happen if someone broke a window and got inside of the truck. Would it still start? I would hope it wouldn’t start without the correct code entered into the keypad. Does anyone know if that’s the case?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The keypad is just one method of locking/unlocking, if the key is in it the alarm can be turned off and the truck can be started.

OP
OP
G8R-RPTR

G8R-RPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The keypad is just one method of locking/unlocking, if the key is in it the alarm can be turned off and the truck can be started.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if they would need to find the key to turn off the alarm or would starting the truck turn it off?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Do you know if they would need to find the key to turn off the alarm or would starting the truck turn it off?
If the antennas can detect the key inside the vehicle and the Stop/Start button is pressed, I believe the alarm will deactivate.

toolmanglenn

Reaction score
I typically leave my keys inside my truck and use the keypad entry to gain access. I am curious what would happen if someone broke a window and got inside of the truck. Would it still start? I would hope it wouldn’t start without the correct code entered into the keypad. Does anyone know if that’s the case?
I do the same thing ! I think if someone breaks in, it’s their truck !

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the admins delete the threads stating how to break into our trucks? It's not a good thing to publish.