Keyfob stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh84

Reaction score
1st time this happened to me the local dealership told me this seems to happen in a few specific locations in town and I was at the 2nd most frequent spot. May have something to do with EMF?

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had issues with mine, had to replace the battery. Weird thing is when I used to park it in front of the old company I used to work at it hardly worked, not sure why. Pretty odd and the first time it happened I was pretty bummed for that to happen to a 74k truck.

Because that device falls under part 15 of the FCC rules and regs

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the key manually for five different starts and then the keyfob just started working again. No idea why.

Corrosion or oxidation on the contacts of the remote, moving it around and it started making contact again....most likely

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is there a place to stick the metal key in to start it manually ?

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had this happen 2 hours ago at grocery store parking lot. had to use the over ride in the bottom of front cup holder. lift up rubber bottum and their is a spot to insert key fob for the override.
grocery stores sell these batteries too

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always keep a spare battery in my console. Is there a place to use the key to start it?

I looked it up, theres a video on YouTube, you take out the metal key, then use the plastic fob, put it in the hole below the front cup holder, then start

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week, I had a message flash on the dash screen that told me to change the batteries in the remote. So, I did immediately. 2017 SCREW, 20k miles. I haven't seen anyone else post that the truck gave them a message like I saw.