Keyfob stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua

Reaction score
My 2019 is five months old. I got out today and the keyfob wouldn’t lock the door. When I turned it off before getting out, there was an alert on the dash that said to restart the truck. I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary. Anyone know what happened to the keyfob? Nothing is plugged into an adapter that could be interfering with the signal.

OP
OP
Joshua

Joshua

Reaction score
Will do. I figured it shouldn’t be dying after five months, but that’s an easy check to do.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Mine too. I use one key just for stealership visits, and fortunately it’s been infrequently used. battery died at around 2 years. The key I use every day going on 3 years old, still working.

OP
OP
Joshua

Joshua

Reaction score
I used the key manually for five different starts and then the keyfob just started working again. No idea why.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
replace the battery.
These coin batteries are odd ducks. I have them in a bunch of red dot sights and when they start getting low, the dot disappears periodically then reappears.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had this happen 2 hours ago at grocery store parking lot. had to use the over ride in the bottom of front cup holder. lift up rubber bottum and their is a spot to insert key fob for the override.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had issues with mine, had to replace the battery. Weird thing is when I used to park it in front of the old company I used to work at it hardly worked, not sure why. Pretty odd and the first time it happened I was pretty bummed for that to happen to a 74k truck.

OP
OP
Joshua

Joshua

Reaction score
I used the manual one in the cup holder a few times and then the keyfob started working again. I'm purchasing new batteries and will just change it out. Hopefully I just never see the issue again.