Keyfob Boosting - Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrew_

Reaction score
There's another way they can do it. When you leave your vehicle and lock it using the button on the key fob, you are broadcasting that signal. Anyone in the vicinity with the will and the equipment can record that signal, send it to your vehicle after you've left it, and steal whatever is in it. If the vehicle has push-button start, it'll be gone. Lock your vehicle with the lock button in the vehicle. Make it your habit.

Keyless entry uses rolling code technology. Meaning the code used for the last unlock is never used again. Both the truck and the key fob have the list of codes to use next, once the last code is used it is discarded and the truck looks for the next code down the list. So if you get the code from the last unlock, it's useless unless you hit the button and the truck didn't receive it.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if they want it that bad...they can have it.........that is why i have insurance.

as long as i dont have to worry about street hoods going for a joy ride.....i am not worried.

Garage parked for the win!

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if they can get the car started, the key needs to be in the car in order to be put in drive.

I’m sure a proof of concept can be done but in reality (as in daily life) I don’t worry about it.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.