Keyfob Boosting - Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is drivers side kick panel, 40 pin connector, yellow wire?
Thanks
That is correct , there is a bunch of yellow/other colour wires but only one Complete yellow wire ... that’s the fuel pump

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the guy confess? I’m interested in knowing how you came to that conclusion.

It’s $5/mo for Drone Mobile, which I think is fair since the device is connected to Drone via LTE service (Verizon or AT&T depending on the model you get). It also seems plug and play for the F-150, but I need to call the seller company to confirm.

no he did not confess, I saw the video of him with his tablet opening my door. When I recovered the car the fuse was in the cup holder and the other cup holder had the plastic removed to accès the key socket, also the kick panel was removed .

Also I would need to know where drone taps into because if they can just remove the fuse it doesn’t help much like
Ford pass

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line I recommend the kill switch and a tracker after having lived through this ordeal. If you prefer another method more power to you. But putting your fob in a little protector won’t help when you unlock the door with it. These guys are pros best we can do is make it a little harder for them. Next time they might not steal my Raptor and go down the street and steal your Raptor instead ;)

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom line I recommend the kill switch and a tracker after having lived through this ordeal. If you prefer another method more power to you. But putting your fob in a little protector won’t help when you unlock the door with it. These guys are pros best we can do is make it a little harder for them. Next time they might not steal my Raptor and go down the street and steal your Raptor instead ;)

https://www.ravelco.com/

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the key fob reader in cup holder, if you remove that or disconnect it , it should not let truck start with a bogus fob. They are still going to get into the truck physically or by intercepting the signal , That's going to happen but at least they can't drive it away.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I would need to know where drone taps into because if they can just remove the fuse it doesn’t help much like
Ford pass

Drone is an add-on module to most after market remote start systems. The aftermarket remote starters for our Raptor work off of the gateway module, which is plugged into the back of the OBD2 port. A lot of them are plug and play. The Drone module connects to the blue data port on the remote starter.

I wonder if the Drone Module has a built in battery to maintain data connection to the server in the event that the vehicle loses power. I emailed Drone about this, waiting to hear back. Like most aftermarket alarm systems, you can add a backup battery, which I’m sure you can do here too.

Smokey

Reaction score
trying to wrap my head around this; is the intercepted signal just the "unlock" from the key FOB or can they intercept the "lock" signal and use that to gain access?

the main ask is because i have yet to actually use the "unlock" on the key FOB. i simply run my hand behind the door handle and open it that way.

.... probably going to look at a kill switch install.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They intercept the lock signal , which in turn is used to create the unlock signal with their tablet.