Keyfob Boosting - Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got insurance. I'm not sticking my keys in a ******* ammo can every time I come in the house.

LMAO.
If anyone else is lucky to have some land.. and you're in a state that hasn't lost its America way. There are other ways to protect your property.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should worry, my truck got stolen Thursday using the exact method described oh and it was in front of a police station
Even if they can get the car started, the key needs to be in the car in order to be put in drive.

I’m sure a proof of concept can be done but in reality (as in daily life) I don’t worry about it.

18 SCrew Magnetic, Roush CAI. Whipple tuned. SPD adapters, Kooks Green catted down pipes. Kooks mid pipes w/ resonator. HF & VHF Connected.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You should worry, my truck got stolen Thursday using the exact method described oh and it was in front of a police station
1) profoundly sorry this happened to you
2) so how were they able to drive it away if they were just boosting the signal to enter?

In front of a police station no less.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I got my car back
Safe and sound today. From what I can tell they basically steal
The signal from the fob to get accès they then remove the kick panel and remove a fuse ( I won’t say which one cause it would only help them) removing that fuse stops the ford pass from transmitting. They then use a key in the cup holder hole to start the car and drive off.

they brought my car to a large hospital parking lot , 2 alert cops ran the plate and realized the car was indeed stolen.

i just got back installing a fuel pump hidden kill switch and a i also got a local tracking company to plant sensors all over the vehicle to help with recovery. Not fool proof but with how easy it is to Jack our cars , I am hoping they will pick someone elses

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m glad you got the truck back, best possible outcome. Thanks for the follow up.

I’m liking the fuel pump kill switch idea.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great idea, plz do share install pics when you're done with jt

onthebrake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I just did a Forscan mod yesterday that may help this issue. It's called '' Secure Idle Enable''. '' If engine is running but fob is away from vehicle, vehicle cannot be put into any gear. ''