Keyfob Boosting - Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again I have reiterated what I believe happened to me based on the surveillance footage. I believe my fob signal to lock my door was intercepted .
Allowing the thieves (one guy drove another vehicle) to get accès to the truck. Once Inside the truck it can confirm they removed a fuse from the passenger kick plate disabling ford pass.
Now the third part of how they started the vehicle is up for debate some think it could be a dealer who had a spare made without me knowing (unlikely) . The second theory is that by removing the fuse it oust the vehicle in a emergency state allowing a spare (Un programmed) to start the vehicle. This has not been verified yet...

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think pulling fuse keeps truck from being tracked. I picture thief has some sort of tablet with wires coming out and tied into a key fob and fob is dropped in cup holder. Tablet has some sort of program that can give truck correct start code

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if thats what this guy was trying? There is something blinking in his hand. I figured it was a relay and he was looking for a truck with a key locked in the truck? He checked numerous f150s in our neighborhood but ended up stealing a Tundra.

Did the tundra owner leave Fob in truck?

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did the tundra owner leave Fob in truck?

I’m not certain if it was a fob or if it was locked but that there was a key in it when stolen. My section of the neighborhood has 5 f150s and he went to everyone of them. The Toyota is in a different section of the neighborhood but all I know is that there was a key in it.

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For guys worried about their trucks being stolen. Majority of theives do not have the tech or know how to steal a car/truck in this manner. If someone is motivated enough they will just flatbed the car/truck and its gone. No amount of kill switches will do anything. I am not losing any sleep over someone possibly being able to steal my truck this way, thats what insurance is for and I have plenty of other important things in life to worry about.

We have serviced multiple Mini Coopers and BMWs where the immobilizer in the key fob failed. The car can lock and unlock the doors but the car will not start. A new key fob had to be programmed to start, surprisingly, they are able to ship us a reprogrammed key fob with just a VIN number. I didnt believe it at first but have first hand experience that it works on BMW and Mini.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the theft occur within 20 seconds?

Fast Restart
The fast restart feature allows you to
restart the engine within 20 seconds of
switching it off, even if a valid key is not
present.

Within 20 seconds of switching the engine
off, press the brake pedal and press the
button. After 20 seconds have expired, you
can no longer restart the engine without
the key present inside your vehicle.
Once the engine has started, it remains
running until you press the button, even if
the system does not detect a valid key. If
you open and close a door while the engine
is running, the system searches for a valid
key. You cannot restart the engine if the
system does not detect a valid key within
20 seconds.

??? Not sure what the purpose of this feature is, but it's in the manual, pg. 181. I would guess if the fast start wouldn't work if the doors were locked, but IDK, maybe lock, thief captures unlock code, unlocks the doors, jumps in and if still within 20 seconds, hits the start button and goes? Maybe pulled the Ford Pass fuse after started so it couldn't be tracked.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was fast , maybe they were in the car less then a minute after I left but not sure if they started it right away or not they were gone in 2 mins... all very possible
Did the theft occur within 20 seconds?

Fast Restart
The fast restart feature allows you to
restart the engine within 20 seconds of
switching it off, even if a valid key is not
present.
Within 20 seconds of switching the engine
off, press the brake pedal and press the
button. After 20 seconds have expired, you
can no longer restart the engine without
the key present inside your vehicle.
Once the engine has started, it remains
running until you press the button, even if
the system does not detect a valid key. If
you open and close a door while the engine
is running, the system searches for a valid
key. You cannot restart the engine if the
system does not detect a valid key within
20 seconds.

??? Not sure what the purpose of this feature is, but it's in the manual, pg. 181. I would guess if the fast start wouldn't work if the doors were locked, but IDK.

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh...ok, well, IDK, seems like a weird "Feature", not sure what the use case is for Fast Restart, maybe someone knows.