Keyfob Boosting - Thefts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extra key showed up today. As hoped, it doesn't work. The cell modem fuse is pulled on my truck (since day 1). I left both my original keys inside house (well out of range) and unlocked truck using keypad code. Inserted blank fob into cupholder slot, got "No Key Detected" message as would be expected.

I imagine for this hack to work the key needs to be programmed using the code with that retrieved from an intercepted signal, and pulling fuse resets rolling code such that it can reuse an existing code.

Let me know if there's anything else I should try...otherwise going to program this key to truck in a couple days.

did you pull
Out the correct fuse?

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes ford pass can be shut off by pulling one fuse out
Could it be that the Ford Pass fuse was pulled just to disable vehicle tracking? Beyond mere speculation that it was done to start the vehicle, nobody has any evidence why it was actually pulled and and what it accomplished.

After reading this entire thread, it seems unlikely that someone recorded a previous signal from a key fob to get into the truck and start it due to the rolling codes and the truck’s ability to blacklist it.

What’s more plausible is someone setting up relay to amplify the signal distance between the key fob and the truck and vice versa. For this to occur, it seems like it would have to be very calculated and the timing precise. You’d need a very determined thief to pull this off. The truck is reasonably secured against common thieves. If you want, just install “the Club” to lock the steering wheel and problem solved.

It used to be people can hot wire a Honda and drive away. Then they came up with transponder keys but that was easy to replicate. Then they came up with encrypted proximity key (push to start). I hear the next big thing will be NFC signal from your phone to authenticate, which might be more secure since it essentially requires a username and password to enter and start your car—but that will eventually be compromised as well.

Unless the method described could be replicated, I chalk everything the OP is saying as a conspiracy theory. Keep in mind, your truck is already easy to enter via a hammer or brick to the window.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All theories are on the table till we test , removing the appropriate fuse and trying the spare key

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if thats what this guy was trying? There is something blinking in his hand. I figured it was a relay and he was looking for a truck with a key locked in the truck? He checked numerous f150s in our neighborhood but ended up stealing a Tundra.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SDHQ 2019 Super duty was stolen a few nights ago and recovered , wondering how it was done , I think there is some High tech gadgetry in the mix. 2019 SD would have similar security tech as f150.

upload_2020-4-14_17-25-53.png