Key update & front camera w/SYNC3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alternative H

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m wanting to do a couple little updates. For one, the front camera doesn’t seem to be working with SYNC 3, is there a known solution for this? I couldn’t find much on the sync 3 swap thread.

I also want to program a 2015+ Switchblade type key, I found one thread stating it’s possible but I haven’t seen anyone actually do it. Is there anyone with experience doing it?

I’m also looking at doing the Gen 2 steering wheel swap to get some paddle shift action. Anyone with experience on that would be appreciated as well.

TIA

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been down the front camera rabbit hole and there’s no way to get it to work w/ Sync 3.0 like it did originally. However, there is an addon module I found at one point that allows you to control toggling between the front & rear cameras. Let me see if I can find that again.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No clue if that would work with the Sync 3 upgrade to a gen1 though. I just ignore that the front camera doesn’t work with the system because having CarPlay is totally worth it.

Dblex

Reaction score
Interesting enough, I just bought a 2014 with 120K miles on it yesterday! She worked like a charm at the dealership. Came home and upgraded my Sync 2 to the latest updates and now it’s not working at all.

Yay me