Key pad trim clip broken AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP77

Reaction score
The key pad is broken on my truck again. First time it was under warranty. This time it’s on me. $140 for the part from the dealer or much less on-line but it requires the entire door to be disassembled and a lot of luck with the right retaining pins. Several folks have just replaced the trim and keep the original keypad. Two questions: 1) does anyone have a source to buy just the trim piece without the electronics?
2) has anyone else had their key pad break more than once?
Thanks

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key pad is broken on my truck again. First time it was under warranty. This time it’s on me. $140 for the part from the dealer or much less on-line but it requires the entire door to be disassembled and a lot of luck with the right retaining pins. Several folks have just replaced the trim and keep the original keypad. Two questions: 1) does anyone have a source to buy just the trim piece without the electronics?
Thanks
Maybe Ford has a separate warranty on the keypad.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks
You need this. It's a whopping 36 bucks. My 18 gen 2 was missing 1 clip so I bought this. Easy fix. Just pull your door panel.

Attachments

• 20220903_224720.jpg
    20220903_224720.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220903_224713.jpg
    20220903_224713.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220903-224901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-224901_Samsung Internet.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 47

houtex1

Reaction score
this reminds me..

At the beginning of this year I found my keypad dangling. I mounted it with some superglue and painter's tape with the intention of getting it repaired. Life happened and I forgot all about it till just now. Guess I'll do the right thing and order the part.

eRicRic

Reaction score
You probably have this figured out, but mine has broken twice on my 2018.

This video shows how to replace the broken trim without taking apart the whole panel. It takes about 5 minutes to replace just the trim part on this method.

The part number for the trim plus pad is:

FL3Z-14A626-AD​

I have bought it from an online retailer like Sneed since my local dealer wanted over $100 for the part (almost 3x). I see there are some trim pieces for sale now on Amazon, etc, but I have never tried them.