Key fob dependent driving profile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
I know that some manufacturers have a key fob dedicated to a more aggressive drive mode but is that possible with the Raptor?

I purchased a used 2019 that has had rough shifts and quirks that have driven me nuts since I bought it 5 months ago. I took the truck in last week for a “pop” in the front suspension to which the dealer was “unable to duplicate”. When I picked the truck up, I used the spare key fob instead of my normal fob and I feel like the truck rides and drives without the issues I was having.

It sounds crazy to me, but is it possible that the previous owner had one fob programmed to run a different tune or is there any reason that the truck would suddenly flip a switch and drive like a completely different truck suddenly? The dealership did absolutely nothing to the truck ... am I crazy?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds it may have lived a rough life prior to your purchase. There is no option to assign a key fob for different driving profiles; all programmed keys will be the same. The only thing I can think of it the dealer reset Keep Alive Memory (KAM), which erases the transmission adaptive strategy that the truck may have learned with the original owner.

OP
OP
Patriot Drone

Patriot Drone

Reaction score
Sounds it may have lived a rough life prior to your purchase. There is no option to assign a key fob for different driving profiles; all programmed keys will be the same. The only thing I can think of it the dealer reset Keep Alive Memory (KAM), which erases the transmission adaptive strategy that the truck may have learned with the original owner.
I really don’t think it had a rough life prior to me but who really knows. I can tell you that since I have owned it, I have had the adaptive strategy reset twice. It really seems like one day, a switch was flipped and the truck drives and handles completely different ...for the better. Since I have no logical explanation, I was reaching with the possibility of the key fob. Thanks for clarifying that it isn’t really a possibility .

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... is there any reason that the truck would suddenly flip a switch and drive like a completely different truck suddenly?
Why is it that the settings on your phone or computer change for no apparent reason? It may well be the same cause. It would be especially suspicious if the dealer updated any of your software. One thing you didn't mention, but when you switched back to the original fob to see if the problem came back, did it?