Key Cover/Protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every once in a while I will inadvertently set off the Raptor's alarm by bending over with my keys in my pocket. This looks like it will prevent that:

Results for * Ford, Lincoln, Mercury

At $6.99, it's a cheap experiment. I ordered a black one and will report back on what I think of it.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a mini key ******........ you mean you dont put them in your man purse?

im not sure it will help, but definitely worth a try. i know they used to make sliding covers for some keys. dont know if you can still find them though.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Hell I've had my remote start activate while the keys were in my pocket. This has happened exactly once, and it happened right in the middle of RPG installing my Stage 2....talk about embarrassing.:emotions122: Come to think of it that probably belongs in the Raptor Follies thread that Bird started...

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruger, I've been having these exact ones on my keys for a while. I can't say for sure that it will prevent the buttons from getting pressed in your pocket, because this hasn't happened to me before or after I got them. If nothing else, they do a great job of protecting your expensive keys from getting scratched up. Definitely a worthwhile purchase IMO.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
******? Nobusa, they still make those things? Heeeeeey, what if they made condoms out of that fancy silicon rubber? They'd be REUSABLE! (Maybe we could get them made with a little FRF logo on them. You could get a pink one!) :laughing1:

Thanks for the feedback, SaintsFan. Maybe my cheap experiment will be a successful one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're a good sport, 'busa. No, nothing but keys in my front right pocket, and I've managed to trigger the alarm several times. I was thinking of making a leather cover for it, but then I found these rubber things and thought I'd give it a try.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those keyfobs get annoying when you have to try to put them in your pocket. you can always get one of those long leash things that everyone uses now.........

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
those keyfobs get annoying when you have to try to put them in your pocket. you can always get one of those long leash things that everyone uses now.........

Lanyard......lanyard is the word you're searching for.:pokeowned:

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you've got your keys on a lanyard, they still have to go in a pocket or somthing. The other alterntive is to hook them on your belt like a janitor. Eh, not for me.