Kevlar coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
Does the Kevlar have a textured finish? I’ve seen (on line) some of the builds that have come out of Starwood, they looked textured. If that’s the case how does their Kevlar truly differ from Line-x?

OP
OP
C

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is textured. The first thing I thought to myself is, how do you wash this thing and not shred your hand?

Jimmy Snooka

Reaction score
For sure! I also would be interested in knowing how it is to chose off dirt. I would think fine particles would take up permanent residence in all those nooks and crannies.

I did a full color change wrap on mine. There isn’t any significant added protection but it makes cleaning it, and keeping looking clean, sooo much easier.

Bnvous2018

Reaction score
For sure! I also would be interested in knowing how it is to chose off dirt. I would think fine particles would take up permanent residence in all those nooks and crannies.

I did a full color change wrap on mine. There isn’t any significant added protection but it makes cleaning it, and keeping looking clean, sooo much easier.
How much was a full color change? Been thinking about this as a future project. I’m getting a Line-X bed liner on Thursday.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
Has anyone done a Kevlar coating on their raptor? I have a friend who did his Jeep in Dallas and it looked incredible and the work looked very clean.

C
I had Starwood coat my 2019 SCrew in March. They did the entire exterior, including the bed. They apparently stopped using the Kevlar brand and have created or sourced another coating. They did a great job and I’m very satisfied. In fact I’m heading back to do the wheel wells.

6E085406-3FB0-4712-A149-99B6F74BFD10.jpeg

4FA3BCB8-89C4-468D-91D8-ABD1383786AE.jpeg