Kessel Run???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sonicsunspot

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to get down to 10 mpg at 95 mph? And how was braking speed when you came out of light speed.
Well, while “the guy” was heading west (headwind) he got about 13.1 mpg. Heading back with a tailwind he saw closer to 16 mpg.

Best part of the trip was pulling up next to a sheriff in a Expedition around Russell KS. Slowed down obviously to about 78 and pulled in front him with caution (and proper turn signal). He then moved to the passing lane, pulled up next to “the guy” and motioned “follow me” with a wave of his hand and he was off. So “the guy” had a 90mph LE blocker for about 100 miles.

Sometimes I think LE appreciate the Raptors. Trucks in general - always felt like I get a pass occasionally.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, while “the guy” was heading west (headwind) he got about 13.1 mpg. Heading back with a tailwind he saw closer to 16 mpg.

Best part of the trip was pulling up next to a sheriff in a Expedition around Russell KS. Slowed down obviously to about 78 and pulled in front him with caution (and proper turn signal). He then moved to the passing lane, pulled up next to “the guy” and motioned “follow me” with a wave of his hand and he was off. So “the guy” had a 90mph LE blocker for about 100 miles.

Sometimes I think LE appreciate the Raptors. Trucks in general - always felt like I get a pass occasionally.
That "guy" got pretty good gas mileage then, that's where one of the big differences is with the gen 1, all those extra gears in the 10 speed. I know a guy in a gen 1 that did 100mph for an hour on 20psi tires and managed to get 10mpg, that guy said the tires were squealing and begging for mercy everytime he took a corner though.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a guy that made the Boulder to KC run today in 7 parsecs. Made it in time to see the Chiefs first TD. Said his Raptor performed flawlessly.
View attachment 338323

I almost got arrested on that run. East bound near Ft Riley, A lone 1960's Firetruck was in the left lane doing maybe 60 he had a single orange light rotating. There were 15 cars lined up behind in the right lane. I said screw it and passed them on the left. I dint think it was an active emergency.

Moved right to pass the fire truck and only then could I hear the 19060's siren and see he had more lights on in the front. When I passed they laid on their air horn and started to wave at me.

Just after that, in in the west bound lane there was a car accident and the far right shoulder was on fire. The fire truck pulled left across the median, and I just hammered down. No Paper came in the mail so I consider it past me.