GEN 2 Keeping Our 2 Crew.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the looks of Gen3. Although I did see one in person for the first time yesterday and it looked better in real life, but I still prefer the Gen2. I've only had mine for 9 months anyway and plan to keep it for a long time. I looked for like 2 years before I bought so no way in hell I'm thinking of getting rid of it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Lucille has done right by me and... you dance with the one who brung ya. Is the Gen 3 shinier, newer, more advanced and improved? undoubtedly. Still not feeling it. Definitely not feeling it enough to pay over MSRP.

Honestly, the looks of the Gen3 aren’t a plus or minus for me. They look good enough. Interior improvements are noticeable, except for the required blue interior on the 37 package, but the standard 801a interior is sharp. There are some minor improvements like the prompt for last drive mode preserve - that’s an improvement right up my alley, I HATE normal drive mode on the Raptor. OTOH, if it’s going to be over $2k for a tailgate step and I MUST have the moonroof to do it, I won’t be looking at trucks with a tailgate step... Or any Gen3 Raptor just on principle. Seriously Ford: Unf*ck yourselves.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I LOVE my '20. I think it's fun to drive, handles really well, and the Recaro seats are a great place to sit. Plenty of room in the bed for my "girlfriends". I've done all the mods I wanted to, wheels, graphics, stereo, second skin sound deadening, rear tonneau, lights, ceramic on windows and paint.

I only have 9,000 miles on it, it's paid for, it sleeps in my garage so it still looks brand new. I will definitely be keeping it a long time.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just custom ordered my 20’ exactly the way I like it. While I like the Gen 3, I’ll wait awhile to see what happens. I hate the lack of customization on the newer trucks and have little interest in a package that costs 10k more that gives me 2 options I want and 5 I don’t.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, so I don't fall out of love, I guess I will go ahead and order a front bumper shortly with some of them fancy lights you cool kids use.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I picked mine up with 20k miles for 55k --57k with taxes. I don't want to get rid mine either but the used prices they are bringing are insane. My local dealer has a 2020 with 27k miles for 73k. I have 36k miles on mine but driving for free for 2 years is very tempting to deal it off.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would hang tight...

Unless of course you have, I dunno, 2 or 3 other vehicles you daily drive. The RAPTOR is the only vehicle and most practical since I sold the r8.