keeping back end level with front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

javaporter

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here. I've tried searching this on the general internet and have had no luck. I'm hoping I can find some help here.

I have a 2017 Roush Raptor (with the fox 3.0 shocks I believe). When sitting on a flat surface, my truck sits level. Personally, I prefer the back to be VERY slightly elevated (just a personal preference), but level is fine. However, recently I went on a road trip with a hitch bike carrier, a couple of bikes, and a bed full of camping equipment, cooler, etc.

The back end of the truck was quite a bit lower than the front. Not only does it look awful, but it likely messes up the projection of my headlights and cheeses off oncoming traffic. I have a lot of camping equipment, but it's not THAT heavy. This shouldn't have been a big deal.

I'm able to adjust the compression of the shocks via some dials, but online instructions on this are quite vague as to which of the four dials you adjust and what the outcome will be. Will this even help me?

Is there something else I can install to keep this leveled out?

I'm seriously consider a cap, and while these are fairly light, my fear is that it will push the back end down even more. I'd love to fix this issue before I invest in a cap.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the Fox 3.0 shocks you have?
T535536?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg

It looks like it has a preload ring at the top. If it isn't bottomed out, you should be able to unscrew it upwards to drop your frontend a little. I wouldn't expect you'd get much more than an inch or two out of it though.

Be sure to use a coil compressor if you go this route.

OP
OP
javaporter

javaporter

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks, I'll talk to my local mechanic and hopefully this is something they can handle. If that's an option, it would be a lot more economical option.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The suspension on these trucks isn't ment to tow or carry alot of weight.
It's the trade off go fast offroad (soft) or pack around stuff In the bed(stiff).

There was a guy that added secondary air shocks but his set cost ~2500 bucks

OP
OP
javaporter

javaporter

Reaction score
The suspension on these trucks isn't ment to tow or carry alot of weight.
It's the trade off go fast offroad (soft) or pack around stuff In the bed(stiff).

There was a guy that added secondary air shocks but his set cost ~2500 bucks
Thanks, this makes sense.

OP
OP
javaporter

javaporter

Reaction score
Contact these guys. They are suspension wizards for our trucks. He might have a great solution for you.
https://forged-offroad.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

Thanks @Glockman, that was a great find. I emailed that company and within an hour or so they emailed back with a ton of education and options. @MEATSWORD was spot on, it looks like a set of deavers is the best option.

Thanks everyone for the help. And for future people browsing the forum, I'll second @Glockman recommendation on forged-offroad.com, it seems like a great company.

OP
OP
javaporter

javaporter

Reaction score
Thanks to the advice on this forum, I did end up pulling the trigger on the Deavers. I got the +3 (not HD). It's a subtle difference, and more spendy than I wanted, but it fixed my problem.

When I was researching this though, I couldn't find any photos on before and after, so I thought I'd post some in case anyone else is shopping. The truck does ride better on the Deavers, but it also sits a little higher in the rear end, especially with weight. Before and after photos attached.

Hopefully this helps other people considering the same upgrade.

before.jpeg before-bikes.jpeg after.jpeg after-bikes.jpeg