Keep engine running and lock doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsimon77

Reaction score
If I'm running into a store quickly...I know I can get out of the truck, then remote start it to keep the AC running...BUT...

Is there a way to do it with out have to turn it off and then remote start. Can I leave the engine on and lock the doors either with the key or the keypad?

Also I'm reading that with Pro Power I can leave the truck running but lock the doors (Utility Idle). I can't seem to find how to do that?

Thanks!

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take the key fob with you, lock and unlock with the key fob. truck will not shut down with key fob removed from cab. Can also use the key pad, but take the key fob with you. If you take the fob with you and truck is taken it will not restart one it is shut off.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're a risk taker, you can leave it running with the key in the ignition and hit the bottom 2 buttons on the keypad to lock the doors.....and pray that nobody breaks a window and steals your truck.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In many States it's illegal to leave an unattended vehicle running regardless of whether its locked or not. However, if it's been restarted using the key fob and not drivable without the key, you have a very good chance of not getting a ticket.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my Gen 2 when traveling with the dog, I would use the remote start to lock him in with the AC running. I tried just locking the doors, but he'd set off the alarm with his movement. I didn't worry about anyone breaking in. He's an 80+ pound GSD/Belgiam Malinios mix, not a pup most want to mess with.

tomcruise

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my dogs setting the alarm off when it's remote started. Truck running with the keys locked inside using the keypad is what I do. However I live in a lower crime area than most.