KC M Rack w Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here ya go. If you're interested in running a bar on the roof, TMX will usually give you the mounts for free if you buy the 60" from them. I'm not sure what they ask for them by themselves.
TYujEXm.jpg

I run mostly ambers down south. I flip the roof bar on when I'm going over about 60MPH at night, when I'm leading, or if I'm lost and need to find my way.

I tend to run as the sweep truck, so I tend to either be by myself at the end of the day. (my job is to make sure that everyone else is in front of me.) I don't think that I've ever lit it up on the road, even in Mexico.
Damn now thats a mount! I am interested in someday getting a roof mount as was in between the M-rack or just a mount. You might have swayed me! Plus im not far from TMX as well.
Thanks for the pic!!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
@zombiekiller how noticeable is the light bar from the driver's seat? I just wonder if it blocks any view from up high. I'm 6'8", so I hate shit hanging down from the top of the window in my view.

You can see the lower edge of the lightbar, but it doesn't obscure any of the windshield.

I'm 6'1, but I like to have my seating position quite tall so I can see over the hood easily. I have two seat cushions for my sparcos. The cushion that I usually use is tall enough that if I wear a helmet, I'm touching the headliner.

if you look at your truck, the center of the windshield dips down. The bottom of the lightbar sits about 1/4" above the lowest point.

TBH it is the perfect placement to be high enough that it doesn't cause hood glare, yet low enough that it doesn't whack every low hanging tree branch. ( or look out of place. )

IMO these mounts provide the perfect placement, unlike all of the other mounts on the market.

I also prefer running a bar up top, instead of linked lights ( like the KC option and the BD linkable option). I've seen the "links" fail plenty of times. The bar is a one-piece aluminum housing and minimizes any potential for failure.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can see the lower edge of the lightbar, but it doesn't obscure any of the windshield.

I'm 6'1, but I like to have my seating position quite tall so I can see over the hood easily. I have two seat cushions for my sparcos. The cushion that I usually use is tall enough that if I wear a helmet, I'm touching the headliner.

if you look at your truck, the center of the windshield dips down. The bottom of the lightbar sits about 1/4" above the lowest point.

TBH it is the perfect placement to be high enough that it doesn't cause hood glare, yet low enough that it doesn't whack every low hanging tree branch. ( or look out of place. )

IMO these mounts provide the perfect placement, unlike all of the other mounts on the market.

I also prefer running a bar up top, instead of linked lights ( like the KC option and the BD linkable option). I've seen the "links" fail plenty of times. The bar is a one-piece aluminum housing and minimizes any potential for failure.
You just made me lean towards the bd bar than pro6. Granted my truck will never touch a percentage of what you do. Ty

Gakoman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the MRack installed have any wind noise complaints? I bought one recently and have not had time to install yet, but someone i know said the wind noise was quite loud, so before i go through all that work I was wondering the thoughts from others on this. Would probably run a Pro6 eventually, but not right away. Thanks

Adansote

Reaction score
I'd recommend throw a Baja Designs OnX6+ 50" Bar up there. It fits pretty much perfect. Go with the spot pattern. Or if you do get the Rigid, get the Spot pattern as well. Driving/combos or anything similar WILL cause hood glare.

Both ORA and ourselves outfitted the founder of Raptor Takeover with that combination. M-Rack + 50" OnX6 bar. It came out great. He gets the benefit of side lighting, some storage up top and a Baja Designs spot bar. So he's very happy with it.

We can help you out on pricing for both if you need, just shoot me a PM

73504757_530498761065512_5621336914507333632_n.jpg
This is the set up I am planning to with on Gen 1. Do you have any more pictures of how it turned out?

Thanks!