KC M Rack w Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with KC Hilites M Racks? I really like the idea of incorporating side and rear lights (optional chase bar) as well as the ability to put a 50” light on the roof. I’d probably go with the Rigid Adapt for that and run the KC lights for the rest. Curious to hear feedback from someone who may have done this mod already. The main thing that has me cautious about pulling the trigger on this is drilling holes in my truck’s roof to mount the rack. Also curious on how it may be with the sunroof.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve done quite a few of the KC M Racks. Yes, drilling holes is required and there are a number of wires that need to be ran to connect all the lights. Not sure the Rigid Adapt would fit on the M-Rack. The standard C Series light bar isn’t bad, but the Pro6 is pretty darn incredible.

Big sale on KC that ends tonight as well.

6394207C-B084-4DBE-85FC-CA092AEEB997.jpeg

70D8091D-24F0-4AB1-AE5E-3365D3FB5CF5.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with KC Hilites M Racks? I really like the idea of incorporating side and rear lights (optional chase bar) as well as the ability to put a 50” light on the roof. I’d probably go with the Rigid Adapt for that and run the KC lights for the rest. Curious to hear feedback from someone who may have done this mod already. The main thing that has me cautious about pulling the trigger on this is drilling holes in my truck’s roof to mount the rack. Also curious on how it may be with the sunroof.

I'd recommend throw a Baja Designs OnX6+ 50" Bar up there. It fits pretty much perfect. Go with the spot pattern. Or if you do get the Rigid, get the Spot pattern as well. Driving/combos or anything similar WILL cause hood glare.

Both ORA and ourselves outfitted the founder of Raptor Takeover with that combination. M-Rack + 50" OnX6 bar. It came out great. He gets the benefit of side lighting, some storage up top and a Baja Designs spot bar. So he's very happy with it.

We can help you out on pricing for both if you need, just shoot me a PM

73504757_530498761065512_5621336914507333632_n.jpg

DWNLDBLCNTNT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve done quite a few of the KC M Racks. Yes, drilling holes is required and there are a number of wires that need to be ran to connect all the lights. Not sure the Rigid Adapt would fit on the M-Rack. The standard C Series light bar isn’t bad, but the Pro6 is pretty darn incredible.

Big sale on KC that ends tonight as well.

View attachment 133529

View attachment 133530

So I just got the 57" KC Gravity Pro 6 light bar in (9 lights instead of 8) , do you know if I can get the M Rack without lights that will fit that bar? I've seen that they sell one for the 50" but can't seem to find one that specifically says it will fit that additional light.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
unless you REALLY need the rack, I'd go 60" Baja Designs arc. ( I run a racer edition Arc bar)

Texas Motorwors, In Dallas , Designed tension mount brackets that position the bar in the perfect place. A few holes do need to be drilled, but they get drilled in the door jamb, inside of the weather stripping, so they arent noticeable when removed, and no worries about leaks.

Here it is on my truck:

6YreA2V.jpg
27RfXX8.jpg

I've got about 3000 offroad miles on it now. hasn't moved a millimeter.

Fair warning, it is so bright that the reflection off of a road sign is enough to make me see spots for a few minutes. I would also recommend spot lenses.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you REALLY need the rack, I'd go 60" Baja Designs arc. ( I run a racer edition Arc bar)

Texas Motorwors, In Dallas , Designed tension mount brackets that position the bar in the perfect place. A few holes do need to be drilled, but they get drilled in the door jamb, inside of the weather stripping, so they arent noticeable when removed, and no worries about leaks.

Here it is on my truck:

6YreA2V.jpg
27RfXX8.jpg

I've got about 3000 offroad miles on it now. hasn't moved a millimeter.

Fair warning, it is so bright that the reflection off of a road sign is enough to make me see spots for a few minutes. I would also recommend spot lenses.

Man such a beautiful truck!! Is that light mount a TMX in house mount? Do you have any pics that show it better?
Man you are a Baja Designs *****!!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Man such a beautiful truck!! Is that light mount a TMX in house mount? Do you have any pics that show it better?
Man you are a Baja Designs *****!!

yes, TMX designed the tension mounts and has them manufactured.

What kind of picture are you looking for?

I stick with baja designs because they are bright, tough as nails, and BD stands behind them 100%. If you saw what I've put my lights through, you'd cringe.

Hitting trees, running over cacti, bashing them, submerging them, freezing cold, 130 ish degrees, salt water, fresh water, snow, ice, silt, dust, mud ( including Baja Mud, which is pretty much chunky peanut butter mixed with cow doodoo that etches paint)... doesn't matter.

they just keep on working.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, TMX designed the tension mounts and has them manufactured.

What kind of picture are you looking for?

I stick with baja designs because they are bright, tough as nails, and BD stands behind them 100%. If you saw what I've put my lights through, you'd cringe.

Hitting trees, running over cacti, bashing them, submerging them, freezing cold, 130 ish degrees, salt water, fresh water, snow, ice, silt, dust, mud ( including Baja Mud, which is pretty much chunky peanut butter mixed with cow doodoo that etches paint)... doesn't matter.

they just keep on working.

Oh I believe ya! I have seen some of the crazy shit you have done and im sure thats not even close to the stuff that never got caught on any film.

Was just curious to what that mount looks like.

I'm a huge fan of BD too. Have On6+, XL80s, and S1 on my Raptor and LP9s, squadron pros, and S2s on my JK. I love Amber!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Oh I believe ya! I have seen some of the crazy shit you have done and im sure thats not even close to the stuff that never got caught on any film.

Was just curious to what that mount looks like.

I'm a huge fan of BD too. Have On6+, XL80s, and S1 on my Raptor and LP9s, squadron pros, and S2s on my JK. I love Amber!

here ya go. If you're interested in running a bar on the roof, TMX will usually give you the mounts for free if you buy the 60" from them. I'm not sure what they ask for them by themselves.
TYujEXm.jpg

I run mostly ambers down south. I flip the roof bar on when I'm going over about 60MPH at night, when I'm leading, or if I'm lost and need to find my way.

I tend to run as the sweep truck, so I tend to be by myself at the end of the day. (my job is to make sure that everyone else is in front of me.) I don't think that I've ever lit it up on the road, even in Mexico.

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
@zombiekiller how noticeable is the light bar from the driver's seat? I just wonder if it blocks any view from up high. I'm 6'8", so I hate shit hanging down from the top of the window in my view.