KC LZR LED Dual Cube install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
More light is off-road at night is good, right? I installed the new KC LZR LED Dual Cube kit in the bumper cut-outs. The Cubes that come with this kit use a driving light pattern.

Here is a link to the product on their website:
Lights « Lzr Led « Raptor Cube Led Bumper Light System « KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches

Here is what comes with the kit:
-Lights
-Brackets
-Wiring harness
-zip ties and crimp connectors
Phone246.jpg

The brackets appear to be CNC bent and have a nice, textured finish. The connectors used for the lights appear to be Deutsch connectors, which are OEM quality (and my personal favorite for automotive wiring).

Here is a closeup of the lights:
Phone250.jpg

Phone249.jpg

The lights appear to be of high quality with good fit and finish.

I am not going to cover the wiring side of it as wiring lights to the upfitter switches is covered elsewhere (including the instructions supplied by KC). I will note that I soldered the connections in the cab and on the positive (red) wire connection as a personal preference. The ground came with a preinstalled ring terminal, that I attached to one of the exiting grounding location aft of the battery.

In this pic (driver's side) you can see the plate, with the nut, that slides into the core support. The bolt (with washer and lock washer) goes up through the bracket, through an existing hole in the core support in to the nut plate, sandwiching the core support.
Phone256.jpg

Here is a view from the bottom (passenger's side):
Phone260.jpg

A pic from the front (driver's side):
Phone252.jpg

A pic from the front (passenger's side):
Phone253.jpg

The install took right around two hours, with the bulk of that spent on wiring, both under the hood and in the cab.

Here are some really crappy cell phone pics of the light pattern.

Headlights by themselves:
headlights.jpg

KCs by themselves:
Cubes.jpg

Rigid 20" LED by itself:
Lightbar.jpg

Together (all lights on):
All.jpg

My overall impressions of the lights with the driving pattern is that they provided some much needed mid distance fill-in to accompany the spot provided by my existing light bar.

Overall pic:
Phone291.jpg

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great write up...the KCs look high quality and look pretty good in the opening...

Do you know if they make a cover for the lights? Some states require them to be covered during inspections...

What is the warranty on these?

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Excellent review! Thank you!
Great write up...the KCs look high quality and look pretty good in the opening...
Thanks!!

May I ask how much you paid? I think these lights are in the $800 range?
KC has them for $812.89.

Do you know if they make a cover for the lights? Some states require them to be covered during inspections...

What is the warranty on these?
They don't have a cover listed on their website that I can find. They have a 23 year warranty:
Warranty | KC HiLiTES: Auxiliary Lighting, Off Road Lights, HID Off Road Lights, Fog Lights, LED Light Bars, Driving Lights, Light Bars, Wiring Accessories, Flashlights, Torches