KC GRAVITY LED PRO6 9-LIGHT 57" LED LIGHT BAR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We've sold a bunch of them for the Gen 2 trucks and haven't heard anything about fuel mileage. I'm sure there's some impact, but not anything that folks have really posted about.

Now, there is some wind noise. Not the whistling that you get from traditional light bars, just more like dull wind resistance noise.

If you're okay with those, let me know and we will help get you set up!

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
It will sound like going 90miles/hr when you are driving 65 (Automatic speed warning), and occasionally the rubber feet noise.

I love my.

Gas impact is minimal, since you are driving slower LOL

VLOCRPTR

Reaction score
I am running this setup. The biggest issues I've had is the infernal rubber feet squeaking on the roof at low speed. I will try to realign the feet again and perhaps add a third rubber foot/support.

I can't comment on gas mileage as I only track smiles to the gallon.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
I am running this setup. The biggest issues I've had is the infernal rubber feet squeaking on the roof at low speed. I will try to realign the feet again and perhaps add a third rubber foot/support.

I can't comment on gas mileage as I only track smiles to the gallon.

I added one more foot, and didn't help much.

My real solution is putting down a 3m grey trim double sided tape between the feet and the roof which completely removed the noise, but who know how long it will last. So far so good.

VLOCRPTR

Reaction score
Excellent! I was thinking of something similar -- adhesive on one side, felt on the other. I like your idea. Will try. THANKS brother. This ******* noise is like mice ******* on my roof!

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
Excellent! I was thinking of something similar -- adhesive on one side, felt on the other. I like your idea. Will try. THANKS brother. This ******* noise is like mice ******* on my roof!

I tried to use some textured wrap between the roof and the rubber feet to reduce the friction, but the noise is still there. The 3m tape hold the light in place instead of reduce the rubbing friction. The rubber is too smooth to attach double sided tape, I would stick the felt on the roof. (Lay some decent wrap on the roof to save the paint little more.)

OP
OP
C

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny post! You own what's likely a $70,000 truck and you're looking at a $2300 light bar and you're worried about lowering your MPGs?!

You can get great MPGs with a Prius or an EV

333_gravity-led-pro6_raptor-2017_lifestyle-web-8_1.jpg

Yeah well I drive between Austin and Houston quite a bit for work so highway manners matter to me. Im also running 37s so I just want to make sure I dont completely ruin the mileage especially when there are other options that will not affect the mileage. But thanks for the worthless response. Good thing you got your post count up!