Just sold my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to take close look at a TRX the other day at the gym, guy had just gotten it (none at the dealers). I looked at it a lot, guy started it for me, listened to it. I have to say.....they look and sound kind of "vanilla" to me. Wasn't that impressed at first blush, I get it. it's still bone stock but for that much coin I want to be able to say......yeah that's the shit. Didn't get that from the TRX.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much himming and hawing and many many trips over the years to the dealership for service i decided to let the truck go! Huge shout out to Ford tech one for all of his helpful advice and spirited discussions and of course old fart whom we all love! Trx here I come...because it can't be any worse than my gen2 lol
Would you mind sharing the financial side of the transaction? I'm curious what you got for your Raptor. Thanks!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread and I hope you report back your assessment of both trucks. Regards and good luck!

You did once hint about buying a Raptor R (V8 Raptor it was) a while back. Is that still a probability based on many factors?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did once hint about buying a Raptor R (V8 Raptor it was) a while back. Is that still a probability based on many factors?

Definitely, but I refuse to pay over MSRP so that will keep me out of the running for a few years I'm sure. However I'm also ready for a styling change and from the pics/videos I've seen the Gen 3 looks 95% like a Gen 2. If the R was available in a Scab I would have focused on that, but since everything is now screw only, it made no difference and another reason why I am keeping my Gen 2. (My Gen 2 and prior Gen 1 was a Scab). My TRX is in D status and I'm hoping for a June Delivery, but not sure how this microchip shortage may impact that.

I'll be interested to hear your comparison review.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I saw the TRX comes on the Rebel platform. The Rebel comes in a short and long version except the TRX is the longer version only so it is basically a screw equivalent. As a scab owner myself with no desire or need for a screw I feel the pain. I haven't heard anything about a Raptor R scab have you?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I saw the TRX comes on the Rebel platform. The Rebel comes in a short and long version except the TRX is the longer version only so it is basically a screw equivalent. As a scab owner myself with no desire or need for a screw I feel the pain. I haven't heard anything about a Raptor R scab have you?

No more scabs in the Gen 3 platform, including the R.