Just sold my GMC 2500 HD Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Life priority changed and I decided I didn’t need the 2500. Now looking to get into a Raptor but don’t know if I should hold out a few months and buy used, or go all out on a new one. If I go used, I’m thinking I want a 6.2, but not sold on it yet. What do people think? I also want to hear from people who decided to switch from the 6.2 to the 3.5, and why? Thanks in advance!

Was your 2500 gas or diesel? I have an L5P (no 10spd) and it is deleted… absolutely fantastic truck. I have had 2 6.2 Raptors and both are great for reliability and will run long term with minimal regular maintenance. I did have two versions of the 3.5 ecoboost and was unlucky with both. For me, they were problematic and unreliable. I dumped both and would never own another ecoboost.

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either one will pull the Targa with ease. Should not even have much squat with aluminum boat being light up front. You just have to decide on Gen 1 or Gen 2. I pull a 19.5 ft fiberglass Basscat with my Gen 1, can not even tell it's back there. Gen 2 will be more expensive but nicer tech.

OP
OP
Y

yarrum

Reaction score
Was your 2500 gas or diesel? I have an L5P (no 10spd) and it is deleted… absolutely fantastic truck. I have had 2 6.2 Raptors and both are great for reliability and will run long term with minimal regular maintenance. I did have two versions of the 3.5 ecoboost and was unlucky with both. For me, they were problematic and unreliable. I dumped both and would never own another ecoboost.
It was the L5P. It was a 2019.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have the budget go with a new Gen 3. Used prices are at all time highs; you get a lot more for your money buying new. The Gen 3 has the new 5 link coil spring suspension and the active exhaust with selectable modes, it sounds great.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never seen someone go from a big boy like that down to a smaller package.... per se...

Interesting move. What was the 2500 used for?

OP
OP
Y

yarrum

Reaction score
I've never seen someone go from a big boy like that down to a smaller package.... per se...

Interesting move. What was the 2500 used for?
It’s my daily driver. Commute like 60 miles each way. Really just our road trip vehicle and hauling the boat and utility trailer.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are gonna buy a 19 or 20 GEN 2 and would like 10 to20k in aftermarket upgrades-- I would def take your time and BUY ONE that already has a work done..
I have seen a few on this forum and locally 2018 thru 20 with 20k in upgrades (wheels, Stage II tunes lights, tires, bed cover, stereo ,,etc.. low miles and for the same price it would cost to buy it stock... Of course you gotta want the upgrades.. I paid 67k for my 2019 with about 25k in upgrades prior to that i looked at 2018 -2019s stock same milesage for mid 60