Just sold my GMC 2500 HD Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yarrum

Reaction score
Life priority changed and I decided I didn’t need the 2500. Now looking to get into a Raptor but don’t know if I should hold out a few months and buy used, or go all out on a new one. If I go used, I’m thinking I want a 6.2, but not sold on it yet. What do people think? I also want to hear from people who decided to switch from the 6.2 to the 3.5, and why? Thanks in advance!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Need more information from you. What is your intended use. Raptor stuff or Starbucks?

Getting a new Gen 3 could be almost a year wait. A few used 3s out there for insane prices. Some good quality used Gen 2s available. Would stick with the '19-'20s.

OP
OP
Y

yarrum

Reaction score
Good to know on the 19-20’s. To be honest, 90% pavement princess, 5% towing a boat, and 5% truly off-roading in the Sierra Nevadas/Desert

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Ok, you should be fine towing that with a Raptor. Wanted to make sure it wasn't a new style ski boat, like a Malibu. Those are a bit much, despite people saying "no problem."

You will want stiffer rear springs regardlessof the year Raptoryou end up with. I tow a 19' old style ski boat.